Looking for an Camo tent for birding

Hi!

Which camouflaged tent do you use for birding of wildlife?
I ordered an "doghouse", but the material quality was not satisfying. Very thin plastic fabric, which broke after the first turn.
I need an 2 person tent, that is about or higher than 160cm and is coated dark inside.
Oh, and it should be available here in Europe.

Would like to hear your gear advice.

Thanks
Daniela

I have had 7 or 8 blinds over the last few years. One was the Big Mike by Barronett. It was large and not to portable, set up and breakdown took a bit longer than others I have had. None I have had stand out as being worthy of a recommendation over another. All wear out a about the same.

I look for certain features over brand. All should be blacked out inside, this lining inside is important for concealment. It should have a fine netting screen for vetalation and to conceal. It shouldn't require assembly of the rods, it should be pop up. Speed and ease of set up is all important. Last is portability, from memory the Big Mike in its case was a cube 5' X 1' X 1', to big for packing but just fine a 100' off the road.

Upvote 0
I don't think camouflage is needed. Some animals will be concerned about anything new (if you don't leave it in place for many days), but the color won't make it better or worse. Most animals won't care, it isn't moving and it isn't the shape of something dangerous. Dark inside is very important, dress in the same color for best results.
If you are handy, consider making your own. Many DIY camping gear websites, videos, etc. exist on the web.
A ghillie suit can be as effective as a blind, and is more mobile.

Upvote 0