LR and DxO: Workflow?

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
All. I rely a lot on LR for PP. I shoot 99.9% RAW and I find this software quicker and easier than DPP or other software I've used (maybe just because it is what I use every day). I occasionally edit from LR into PS for bigger issues. But overall I find that it takes moments to capture an image and then many minutes (at times) to do PP and get what I like. I have some pre-sets and that helps a bit but the lighting and exposure factors vary so much from setting to setting, this is not the answer I am looking for. I've also used DxO, usually to batch process (remember the commercial, "Set it and forget it?"). However, I then get some images where the WB or exposure is not to my liking and so I need to go back and tweak those images. And since I rely a lot on Keywords in LR, it can get complicated.

So my question is, anyone using both LR and DxO for PP? I know I can export from LR to DxO and than back again into LR but is this in any way helpful? For those that use both of these programs, what is your workflow?

Maybe I am looking for some magic or maybe I am just being lazy, but I am constantly backlogged with photos to process and want to catch up. Just wondering what others do. Thanks, all.