M50 and 15-45 mm in the rain

Rocky

EOS 6D MK II
Jul 30, 2010
I was in a well known scenic area for 3 rainy days. Due to the rain and even occasional snow, I dare not to change lenses. So I am stuck with the 15-45 lens with the lens hood on. The only protection is to tuck the camera under my poncho and wipe off the water from both the lens and camera occasionally. After a few hundred pictures in the rain and a month later, both the lens and the camera still functions faultlessly. Also the pictures from the trip is presentable. That is a compact combination that worth its money.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd7 and LSXPhotog

LSXPhotog

EOS RP
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
Canon didn't put in the efforts to employ weather sealing, but the M50 and the SL2 have been known to withstand some serious bad weather on several occasions...but it's never wise and a roll of the dice.

Rocky

EOS 6D MK II
Jul 30, 2010
Canon didn't put in the efforts to employ weather sealing, but the M50 and the SL2 have been known to withstand some serious bad weather on several occasions...but it's never wise and a roll of the dice.
“Picture must be taken, let the camera be damned” that is my motto. I did that even with the Lieca M4 in the old days. You either come home with no pictures or taking risk on a $600 equipment. What will be your choice?