Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available

dppaskewitz

CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
Re: Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available Not for WIn 8

LDS said:
ronaldbyram said:
Does not work for Windows 8

In Windows 8 the codec pack is available and updates are delivered through Windows Update: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2712101/en-us

Check among "optional updates"

Thank you. Since I downloaded the optional updates, Windows "Photos" now seems to be working for Win 8.1 64 bit for the 6D and M. Finally. Now I don't have to open LR or DPP if I just want to glimpse at a photo. Of course, I haven't yet figured out how to get back to civilization from the Win 8 interface after I open a file in "Photos." I truly believe there is something in the water in Microsoft land. No rational person could have thought Win 8 was a good idea........on any level. ("Civilization" means the add on "start menu" program I added so I wouldn't have to have the geeks put me back to Win 7). [End Rant].

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Re: Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available Not for WIn 8

dppaskewitz said:
LDS said:
ronaldbyram said:
Does not work for Windows 8

In Windows 8 the codec pack is available and updates are delivered through Windows Update: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2712101/en-us

Check among "optional updates"

Thank you. Since I downloaded the optional updates, Windows "Photos" now seems to be working for Win 8.1 64 bit for the 6D and M. Finally. Now I don't have to open LR or DPP if I just want to glimpse at a photo. Of course, I haven't yet figured out how to get back to civilization from the Win 8 interface after I open a file in "Photos." I truly believe there is something in the water in Microsoft land. No rational person could have thought Win 8 was a good idea........on any level. ("Civilization" means the add on "start menu" program I added so I wouldn't have to have the geeks put me back to Win 7). [End Rant].

I'd agree, Windows 8 was managed by a fanatic who suddenly left Microsoft. He thought we would use 27 inch touch screens, even though none existed? They are now working on Windows 10, which will return the desktop for those without a touch screen. I have a relative who is a manager at Microsoft, he was also frustrated, but not publically.

I've bought two Dell Windows 8 machines, then took out the hard drives, put them on a shelf, and then bought a 500GB SSD to put Windows 7 on. Dell has drivers for Windows 7 for my models, so it was easy, except for the hundreds of updates to download.

Upvote 0