Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks again Graham and Click!

You read right - only 2 airworthy in the country but there are a few others under restoration to flight status. There are a few more Mustangs flying but most are the Australian manufactured CAC CA-18 type, based on the P-51D model, with the only genuine P-51D posted earlier. And, yes, the Meteor was oneupmanship! :D I'll post a few more tonight.

Upvote 0
Excellent shots @Roo ; I like the purposeful elegance of (especially the British) planes of that time - Spitfire, Mosquito/Hornet and Meteor fit that archetype for me :) That said, P51's are also very nice (and in all honesty... look quite a bit more "modern" then their British contemporaries).
Thanks for sharing (y)
W.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice pictures, Roo. I especially like the DHC-4 Caribou.
0057.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Roo.
Another set of great shots of interesting subjects.

Cheers, Graham.

Yak 3U - holder of 9 world speed records and former Reno air racer

Yak 52s of the Russian Roolettes aerobatics team

Nanchang CJ6As or the Russian Roolettes display team. The team name is a play on the RAAF's Roulettes aerobatics team

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks click and Graham!

PBY-6A Catalina in replica Black Cats scheme. The RAAF only operated the flying boat version rather that the amphibian seen here.
Warbirds Downunder 2stars (34 of 157).jpg

Qantas also used them during the war to operate the "double sunrise" service (30 hours non stop) between Perth and Ceylon (Sri Lanka) to keep communications open with England.
Warbirds Downunder 2stars (40 of 157).jpg

Warbirds Downunder 2stars (36 of 157).jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Roo.
Lovely shots of an important contributor to aviation history.
Strange question, but can anyone else see Darth Vader’s helmet on the nose? :oops::)

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks click and Graham!

PBY-6A Catalina in replica Black Cats scheme. The RAAF only operated the flying boat version rather that the amphibian seen here.

Qantas also used them during the war to operate the "double sunrise" service (30 hours non stop) between Perth and Ceylon (Sri Lanka) to keep communications open with England.

Upvote 0