Miscellaneous Wildlife

Black-tailed prairie dogs, Grasslands National Park, south-western Saskatchewan two days ago. These creatures look a bit like Richardson's ground squirrels but are bigger. They live in huge colonies of thousands of animals.

Attachments

• _DSF8461.jpg
    _DSF8461.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 170
  • _36A9164_DxO copy.jpg
    _36A9164_DxO copy.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Well... looking on all these recent post... What is NOT miscellaneous wild life - the Little green out-lander or a Dinosaur Rex?!
On other hand: "It's pretty nice to only have to walk 12ft from my couch to get a shot like this!" - may be I figure out what Durf means:rolleyes:? (BTW look at yourself trough the eyes of that bear - you should be as common as the bear itself = miscellaneous :p!!!)
Nice photos - from all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Ha Ha Ha

Nice shot, Durf.

Keep cooking and shooting.
smile.png

Upvote 0
Ha Ha Ha

Nice shot, Durf.

Keep cooking and shooting.
smile.png

After I took this pic she walked out back and started digging around my chicken coop to get the scratch feed I tossed in there earlier.....I yelled at her for 5 minutes to scoot but then had to run her off with banging a pan and spatula together (she doesn't like loud noises!) LOL

Upvote 0
This bear keeps coming back! Must smell my good country cookin' in the evenings! LOL

Nice shot indeed, well captured (figuratively speaking ;)) but even though those bears are usually not that interested in eating humans :eek:, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with such an animal lurking around the house...
Guess you're more used to big wildlife in your 'neck of the wood'...
Wiebe.

Upvote 0