More About the Canon MM100-WS by Cinema5D.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:

<iframe width="728" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gfYpYT8Kkd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The folks at Cinema5D had a chance to interview Canon’s Terunori Tajiri to learn more about Canon’s little MM100-WS modular camera. The camera may look like a GoPro and other action cameras, but that is not its purpose. It’s being targeted as a B2B product.</p>
<p><strong>From Cinema5D:</strong></p>
<blockquote><p>It should be noted that, first of all, the MM100-WS is not an action camera, but a modular device meant for the B2B market as a solution to fulfil the needs of companies. For example, it could prove useful as a body cam in the security and maintenance sectors, although it may also find a home in broadcasting, as it can be connected to external devices like recorders or encoders for wireless video transmission. <a href="https://www.cinema5d.com/canon-mm100-ws-small-modular-camera/">Read the full story</a></p>

</blockquote>
<p>Most of the technical specifications for the camera are still not known, but a few things are. We know it’ll shoot up to ISO 12800 for video and ISO 6400 for photos, and that it has a maximum video resolution of Full HD along with electronic image stabilization. The camera is quite small measuring in at just 40mm x 40mm x 21.6mm, it is also splashproof and dustproof.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jan 29, 2011
Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.
For someone who is not in to acronyms and text speak but prefers whole words with one or more syllables, would anyone care to clarify B2B?
I am fed up with googling acronyms and then trying to work out which of the 1/2 dozen alternatives I am supposed to be reading!

Thanks, Graham.

Business to business; Canon don't see this as a general retail product, more like something a company or gov dept would buy in large numbers for a specific though broad range of uses.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.
For someone who is not in to acronyms and text speak but prefers whole words with one or more syllables, would anyone care to clarify B2B?
I am fed up with googling acronyms and then trying to work out which of the 1/2 dozen alternatives I am supposed to be reading!

Thanks, Graham.

Hahahahaha. Well said Graham. I think it is a spy camera. Lol

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
sanj said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.

Thanks, Graham.

I share your pain. I actually knew what B2B was, but I find the use of acronyms annoying. If I were king of the world I would impose a strict AP style rule: No use of acronyms on first reference! Proper style would be: "...targeted as a Business to Business (B2B) product..."

In journalism school (back in the day when there were journalists and not just opinion writers masquerading as journalists) I was taught this valuable adage: "NEVER assume your reader lacks intelligence, but ALWAYS assume your reader lacks information."

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
unfocused said:
sanj said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.

Thanks, Graham.

"AP" style?! :)

I share your pain. I actually knew what B2B was, but I find the use of acronyms annoying. If I were king of the world I would impose a strict AP style rule: No use of acronyms on first reference! Proper style would be: "...targeted as a Business to Business (B2B) product..."

In journalism school (back in the day when there were journalists and not just opinion writers masquerading as journalists) I was taught this valuable adage: "NEVER assume your reader lacks intelligence, but ALWAYS assume your reader lacks information."

Upvote 0