More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

Jul 12, 2014
I would hate a camera without it now since I very often need the level or histogram, but some times at the same time and some times just one of them and I can’t see any other way of doing both that and choose kelvin directly . A HUGE timesaver for me. And all in one button. What’s there not to love?
Many owners have given up and simply disabled it. Not a lot to love.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Unless new things are trivial simple the average brain doesn't want to deal with the learning curve. Those who are willing to put in the effort, benefit, while others are content to not know what they are missing and it'll always be that way. I experienced this with my 1DX2 purchase - I read and re-read and practised and experimented, especially with the focus options. When I presented some of this to good old Artie he was unwilling to consider any of it, not even just back button focus. Why should I care if others don't want to take advantage ... I'll share with those who want to improve and keep quiet with those who don't.

Jack

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
If in live view works so well, if you attach the EOS M6 Mark II viewfinder (in the hotshoe) you can get a better camera, well or a better version of that one and then, use the screen as an EOS R...
Not that anyone would , but it would be interesting if the 1DX-3 were to actually support that EVF accessory.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
the eye-af improvements via live view sounds amazing... but im thinking steadily holding the 1DX (and with a big lens) a few inches in front of you will strain your arms in a very short period of time.
I've done it shooting video and it's practically impossible. However with a gimbal it's a little better.

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
the eye-af improvements via live view sounds amazing... but im thinking steadily holding the 1DX (and with a big lens) a few inches in front of you will strain your arms in a very short period of time.
I see more and more pros and amateurs shooting via the rear screen with the camera held away from them, not with long tele's but certainly with big and heavy sub 135mm glass. Lets not forget that for many years it was common to use waist level viewfinders... OLED screens with much higher contrast and brightness output are making rear screens evermore useful for more and more photography, in portrait environments it is very nice being able to maintain eye contact with the subject, or at least not have a big camera and lens between you.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2018
I see more and more pros and amateurs shooting via the rear screen with the camera held away from them, not with long tele's but certainly with big and heavy sub 135mm glass. Lets not forget that for many years it was common to use waist level viewfinders... OLED screens with much higher contrast and brightness output are making rear screens evermore useful for more and more photography, in portrait environments it is very nice being able to maintain eye contact with the subject, or at least not have a big camera and lens between you.
Does portrait photographers use 1D serie cameras?

Upvote 0