More information on the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
I like to trust but verify. Can you post some of the photos you have taken with the A9 which were impossible with the 1dx?

Thanks in advance

I never ever NEVER EVER found the shutter to scare ANY wildlife in ANY part of the world. Never Ever. No bird. No mammal. NONE
[/QUOTE]

I have been in situations(on the deck of a boat parked in the ice with approaching polar Bears) where it was a must to go to silent shutter mode on a 7d2. there was one D500 shooter who had to be pulled up and told to go quiet because his shutter was very audible to the bear at a distance of 30m. And both of those cameras are magnitudes of order quieter than a 1dx2

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Thats because most mirrorless are smaller! But I've seen people shooting with GFX 50's and 100's doing it and they are the same size as a 1 series and the lenses are not small.
its easy to say "ive seen people do this". but like i said, you can do it but not for long periods of time. its not easy to shoot live view full time on cameras like 1DX and GFX especially with larger lenses.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I never ever NEVER EVER found the shutter to scare ANY wildlife in ANY part of the world. Never Ever. No bird. No mammal. NONE

I have been in situations(on the deck of a boat parked in the ice with approaching polar Bears) where it was a must to go to silent shutter mode on a 7d2. there was one D500 shooter who had to be pulled up and told to go quiet because his shutter was very audible to the bear at a distance of 30m. And both of those cameras are magnitudes of order quieter than a 1dx2
[/QUOTE]
My guess is that if a dozen machine guns were going off at once it would be more significant than one. Also, if I were leading a group, knowing that noises might be problematic, I'd error on the side of quietness. Personally, I wouldn't make as strong a statement as was made, but here I am with a multitude of shots taken with a noisy camera, proof that it often, at least, doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
My guess is that if a dozen machine guns were going off at once it would be more significant than one. Also, if I were leading a group, knowing that noises might be problematic, I'd error on the side of quietness. Personally, I wouldn't make as strong a statement as was made, but here I am with a multitude of shots taken with a noisy camera, proof that it often, at least, doesn't matter.
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. Most of the time I don't think it would make the slightest difference. But every now and again it will.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Absolutely. Most of the time I don't think it would make the slightest difference. But every now and again it will.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to give the impression that I love shutter noise. ;)

Jack

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016

Jack
[/QUOTE]
Don't lie. We all get slightly aroused when hearing the sound of a mirror slapping up and down at 14fps

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada

Jack
Don't lie. We all get slightly aroused when hearing the sound of a mirror slapping up and down at 14fps
[/QUOTE]

Well to tell the truth, when I forgot to put the CFast in and dropped down to 12 I felt like some part of me was missing, so I think you have a point.

Jack

• Haha
Upvote 0
you could keep it on camerabag untill too dark shoot with optical wievfinder or when truelly needing silent shutter
no arguing with that, and it would at least be a strong proof of commitment
Only if you consider a camera that has no way to control external flashes a "better" camera than one that can.

At this point and at this level of technological advancement, the speedlight controller should be built into the darn camera or battery grip at worst

how hard could it be, given the number of subsystems already integrated (wifi, bluetooth, basic IR for the remote, GPS, FDIC, NFPA, etc)

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
no arguing with that, and it would at least be a strong proof of commitment

At this point and at this level of technological advancement, the speedlight controller should be built into the darn camera or battery grip at worst

how hard could it be, given the number of subsystems already integrated (wifi, bluetooth, basic IR for the remote, GPS, FDIC, NFPA, etc)

"At this point and at this level of technological advancement, the EVF should be built into the darn camera instead of tying up the primary interface used for controlling flashes over the past half century or longer."

There, I fixed it for you.

Or they could at least include a PC terminal...

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
CANON IS DOING EVERYTHING WRONG HERE...

All we are waiting for is a crispy sharp and silent (mirrorless) camera with eye-AF, a reasonable amount of megapixels (20 is fine) and built-in WiFi.
Second we need an upgrade for the 600RTII speedlite..
We want a superfast, long lasting (changable) li-ion battery powered flash head. Forget the round design, just keep it like it was.. but give us an epic battery that lasts for a day instead of working with external accupacks and ali-express cables that stop working after a week.

So far Canon has not met these very basic needs for us, the average press - and commercial photographer.
So no wonder SONY got half the Canon cookie by the time this vintage mark III hits the market.

PS, 95% of all photographers don't not give a #### about 4K 8K, all we care about is that you keep these cameras into the 5K region. Pricewise. So stop raising your prices like a maniac and give the photographers what they need please.

How is it possible that the (former) LEADING BRAND is soo soo SLOW???

Cheers

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

All we are waiting for is a crispy sharp and silent (mirrorless) camera with eye-AF, a reasonable amount of megapixels (20 is fine) and built-in WiFi.
Second we need an upgrade for the 600RTII speedlite..
We want a superfast, long lasting (changable) li-ion battery powered flash head. Forget the round design, just keep it like it was.. but give us an epic battery that lasts for a day instead of working with external accupacks and ali-express cables that stop working after a week.

So far Canon has not met these very basic needs for us, the average press - and commercial photographer.
So no wonder SONY got half the Canon cookie by the time this vintage mark III hits the market.

PS, 95% of all photographers don't not give a #### about 4K 8K, all we care about is that you keep these cameras into the 5K region. Pricewise. So stop raising your prices like a maniac and give the photographers what they need please.

How is it possible that the (former) LEADING BRAND is soo soo SLOW???

Cheers

And just who is "we"?

It's just YOU.

Unless you have multiple personalities.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com

When evaluating the quality of comments, a good rule of thumb is to assume an average IQ and then subtract about 10 points for every word typed in all caps.

Upvote 0