Curiosity didn't kill me, yet.
Aug 23, 2014
rushfan21122 said:
UPDATE?

Updated detail specs of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV:

Sensor: Effective pixels 30.4 million pixels, dual pixel CMOS
Image processor: DIGIC 6+
AF point: 61 points
Shutter speed: 1 / 8,000 to 30 seconds, valves, maximum flash synchro speed 1/200 sec
ISO Sensitivity: 100-32000 (extended sensitivity 50-102400)
Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec.
Finder field of view: up and down / left and right both about 100% (at the time of the eye point about 21mm)
Rear LCD: 3.2 inches, Touch panel
Video: 4K at 30fps, FullHD, HD at 120fps
150,000-pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
Anti-flicker
Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi · NFC connection
Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC, CompactFlash Type II
Battery Life (CIPA): 900
USB 3.0, HDMI
Size: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm
Weight: 890g
Kit lens: EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM

What is the difference between Digic 6 and Digic 6+ ?

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
Diltiazem said:
rushfan21122 said:
UPDATE?

Updated detail specs of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV:

Sensor: Effective pixels 30.4 million pixels, dual pixel CMOS
Image processor: DIGIC 6+
AF point: 61 points
Shutter speed: 1 / 8,000 to 30 seconds, valves, maximum flash synchro speed 1/200 sec
ISO Sensitivity: 100-32000 (extended sensitivity 50-102400)
Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec.
Finder field of view: up and down / left and right both about 100% (at the time of the eye point about 21mm)
Rear LCD: 3.2 inches, Touch panel
Video: 4K at 30fps, FullHD, HD at 120fps
150,000-pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
Anti-flicker
Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi · NFC connection
Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC, CompactFlash Type II
Battery Life (CIPA): 900
USB 3.0, HDMI
Size: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm
Weight: 890g
Kit lens: EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM

What is the difference between Digic 6 and Digic 6+ ?

Throughput (and likely power consumption). It's kinda like the difference between generations of CPUs.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
PureClassA said:
ahsanford said:
BR Gunk

- A

Damnit, say it right. It's "The Blue Goo"

gooey-goo.jpg

Upvote 0
Some more information on the dual-pixel RAW format from Digicame-Info: http://digicame-info.com/2016/08/eos-5d-mark-iv-12.html

Innovative image processing support the concept "dual pixel RAW". "Dual pixel RAW" is a special RAW file that contains two sets of information about dual-pixel CMOS (normal point of view and the disparity information) in one of the RAW file.

By treatment with dual pixel RAW optimizer of DPP, the following three functions are provided.

- Image micro-adjustable (Image Micro-adjustment): resolving power from the depth information of the dual pixel RAW file to fine-tune the position so as to maximize the (micro-adjustable).

- Bokeshifuto (Bokeh Shift): to change the perspective of the previous blur in order to obtain a better blur.

- Ghost reduction (Ghosting Reduction): to suppress the occurrence of ghost and flare.

Upvote 0
tpatana said:
rcarca said:
Sounds better and better to me: http://www.cameraegg.org/updated-detail-specs-of-canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/

This Dual Pixel malarkey sounds great even muffled through poor translation!

Hmm..

RAW: 6270 x 4480 about 36.8MB
DPRAW: 6270 x 4480 about 66.9MB

That's about 28Mpix.

Bokeh-shift sounds strange too.

That's really 28Mpix, and a aspect ratio of 1,4:1... Things are getting weird...

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
tpatana said:
rcarca said:
Sounds better and better to me: http://www.cameraegg.org/updated-detail-specs-of-canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/

Hmm..

RAW: 6270 x 4480 about 36.8MB
DPRAW: 6270 x 4480 about 66.9MB

That's about 28Mpix.

Bokeh-shift sounds strange too.
Should be 6720x4480

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
rrcphoto said:
frankchn said:
The dual pixel RAW file now seems a lot more interesting, especially if it allows me to achieve critical focus by AF microadjusting the image after the fact!

Sounds crazy!

More optical corrections and adjustments also sound fantastic.. at a cost though .. 66mb raws

So Canon moves towards Lytro territory. Interesting.

Upvote 0
rrcphoto said:
frankchn said:
The dual pixel RAW file now seems a lot more interesting, especially if it allows me to achieve critical focus by AF microadjusting the image after the fact!

Sounds crazy!

More optical corrections and adjustments also sound fantastic.. at a cost though .. 66mb raws

If this actually means adjusting critical focus after the fact, this is YYYUUUUUUGGE.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Interesting that AFAIK almost nobody (including myself) guessed that the DP RAW feature would be about saving parallax info for doing focus tricks in post even though in retrospect that's, I guess, pretty obvious.

The selection of different corrections available either in-camera or in post is pretty impressive at this point

* Vignetting
* Distortion
* Aberrations
* Diffraction
* Low-pass filter
* Critical focus
* Ghosting
* Bokeh quality?

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
frankchn said:
Some more information on the dual-pixel RAW format from Digicame-Info: http://digicame-info.com/2016/08/eos-5d-mark-iv-12.html

Innovative image processing support the concept "dual pixel RAW". "Dual pixel RAW" is a special RAW file that contains two sets of information about dual-pixel CMOS (normal point of view and the disparity information) in one of the RAW file.

By treatment with dual pixel RAW optimizer of DPP, the following three functions are provided.

- Image micro-adjustable (Image Micro-adjustment): resolving power from the depth information of the dual pixel RAW file to fine-tune the position so as to maximize the (micro-adjustable).

- Bokeshifuto (Bokeh Shift): to change the perspective of the previous blur in order to obtain a better blur.

- Ghost reduction (Ghosting Reduction): to suppress the occurrence of ghost and flare.

Ooooh! Real innovations in imaging, instead of just those last DR bits to allow me to lift shadows 5 instead of only 3 steps. Sort of what I was guessing (adjusting focus after the fact) too.

Upvote 0

rcarca

Amateur, Enthusiast, Canonphile
Apr 11, 2012
UK
raphoto.me
rcarca said:

Any thoughts on what this might mean: Camera in the DLO (Digital Lens Optimiser)? Is this in-camera AFMA??? (Excuse total ignorance on my part!)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Interesting that almost all I've been reading here for days is "stupid Canon". Canon doesn't lead the market because they are stupid.

Canon serves me just fine. It's looking more and more like a 1D4 over the 1DX II for me but I won't hurry the decision.

I have no problem with other brands. If you love another brand shoot great photos with it and show them off because what really matters is the results, not bragging about a camera.

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
rcarca said:
rcarca said:

Any thoughts on what this might mean: Camera in the DLO (Digital Lens Optimiser)? Is this in-camera AFMA??? (Excuse total ignorance on my part!)

This is probably DPP's lens optimized sharpening but done in camera.

Jack

Upvote 0