My 5D IV and 1Dx II not compatible with iPad Pro 11!

Recently I purchased new iPad Pro 11 and sadly find out that not possible to download pictures by Usb-C / Usb 3 cabel.
Today Canon Finland that they are not compatible and they started investigating whats wrong.
My both cameras and new iPad have latest softwares and i have tried with several cabels but no...
When connecting camera to iPad only opens photoalbum but not memorycard.
5D works well by WiFi and iPad works well with memorycard reader.
Risto

Jan 29, 2011
Recently I purchased new iPad Pro 11 and sadly find out that not possible to download pictures by Usb-C / Usb 3 cabel.
Today Canon Finland that they are not compatible and they started investigating whats wrong.
My both cameras and new iPad have latest softwares and i have tried with several cabels but no...
When connecting camera to iPad only opens photoalbum but not memorycard.
5D works well by WiFi and iPad works well with memorycard reader.
Risto
Interesting. I use the 1DX MkII and the original iPad Pro and they work really well together both hardwired and via the WFT, I was looking to get the new iPad and changing the workflow to include a card reader isn't optimal.

I'd really like Digital Photo Express for iOS to work with the .CR2 file format too!

Upvote 0
Interesting. I use the 1DX MkII and the original iPad Pro and they work really well together both hardwired and via the WFT, I was looking to get the new iPad and changing the workflow to include a card reader isn't optimal.

I'd really like Digital Photo Express for iOS to work with the .CR2 file format too!
Which version of iPad pro you use? My old 9.7 worked well but new 11 not at all.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Just an update on practicality, I'm thinking of starting a new thread about the new iPad's and a photography workflow with them.

I just imported 2780 RAW files from the 1DX MkII, so 21MP, via the CFast card and card reader linked above, Hyper+Drive, to my new iPad Pro 12" with 1TB of storage (only possibly relevant because it gets twice the RAM at 8GB). Total import time was 6min 11sec, personally I am blown away by that and think I have made the right choice in moving to a USB-C/Thunderbolt3 workflow. I don't have a USB-C to 1DX MkII cable yet so can't compare import speeds from the camera directly, but at this early stage I'd say the practicality of doing travel photography with RAW files and an iPad has 100% arrived depending on the volume needs of your actual output.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0