My Dorito's Superbowl Commercial Submission

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Howdy!!

Well I did my first collaboration on a video and we've entered it into the Dorito's $1M Superbowl commercial...

Please give it a watch:

https://crashthesuperbowl.doritos.com/gallery/submission/4023?filter=

If you like it, please rate it high and share with social media and anyone you know!!

It was shot with my Canon 5D3...mostly the 24-105mm f4 and 17-40mm f4 lenses...I also tried my hand at my first green screen.

I used Davinci Resolve to try color....strange that once the Dorito's site uploaded it to my YT site...it really over saturated the colors much more than what I had on my screens when editing...

We did have 3x VERY good looking models, and NONE of them showed up for the shoot....so our "athlete" called a girl friend of his, and our makeup artist got an immediate new role.
:)

Anyway, my first endeavor trying something like this....renting a place, hauling equipment all around....getting there and being told we had an hour less than supposed to....etc.

Anyway, was fun and a good lesson learned in logistics....please leave thoughts, ideas and again, if you like it, please vote it up on the doritos site!!

cayenne

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
DominoDude said:
Indeed, you should get - at least - 10% of that. Good tempo, and there seem to be a bit of the same humour that was typical in your earlier "Cooking videos".

Keep up the good work!

Thank you!!!

I don't actually have a FB account...so I can't even vote on my own entry...but have been trying to gather as many as possible to help with that.

Thanks for the views and the comments....I believe the finalists are announced this Friday.

The grand prize is the $1M, 2x Superbowl tix, and a contract to do something with Universal Pictures.
But I think there are also 10-20 1st place prizes which are pairs of Super Bowl tix alone and I think $50K.

Lots of fun and learning on this one...and I definitely need to work on my green screen skills. We got it hung and lit remarkably well my first time at it...but I need much more practice drawing a key and refining it....

C

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Old Sarge said:
I thought this was an excellent effort. Great quality video and good writing.

Thank you everyone!!

I thought LAST monday, that they were going to announce the semi-finalists..but so far, they haven't..so I guess at this point, no news is good news, and we're still in the running.

So, if you've not done it yet..please rate us if you like it.

And apparently you can vote once every 24 hours...

cayenne

Upvote 0