Need guidance from seniors

Feb 9, 2019
It's often noted here that reviews of Canon are not good on the spec side of things. The 6D was bashed big time and of course was a very good camera and decent value. Better to wait for real users to post their feedback and ignore the Tonys of the camera world.
Yes Agreed...will come back here for a review of RP.. there will be always negative reviews.. but most of the time people expect $6k package in $1.5k

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
If canon decide to use the Rp as a piece if gear qith the express purpose of getting new users into the canon system then they may price it at a low profit level. In this case i could see them setting it as low as 1400 bucks and IF this is the case it will be a incredible value for money proposition. Of course this is canon and that is unlikely but you never know

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
If canon decide to use the Rp as a piece if gear qith the express purpose of getting new users into the canon system then they may price it at a low profit level. In this case i could see them setting it as low as 1400 bucks and IF this is the case it will be a incredible value for money proposition. Of course this is canon and that is unlikely but you never know
If the release price, or MSRP, is the reputed $1,599, you can bet the discount prices will be amazing. Give it a year.

Upvote 0
5D3 and 5D4 are outstanding cameras and you can't go wrong either way. I used 5D3 for a few years and have had pictures from it enlarged to 40x60 inches in my home. I now use two 5D4's and they are slightly better, especially in focus tracking (and switching focus arrays with the new back toggle switch), but if you don't do action or fast wildlife then the 5D3 will be great. I bought both of my 5D4's from the Canon refurbished site, which is a good option (maybe they have 5D3 as well?).

Upvote 0