Need help from US citizens

skozachuk

www.serhiykozachuk.org.ua
Oct 6, 2011
Hello!
My name is Serhiy Kozachuk, I am student from Ukraine.
This summer I am coming to the U.S. as a Work & Travel USA program participant and therefore now looking for work. I am going to the country by J1 visa, that gives me right to work legally up to 4 months. I want to work as Photographer, Photographer’s Assistant or Photo Editor.

Maybe someone can help.

Here is my portfolio http://www.serhiykozachuk.org.ua/
For my resume please write me on my e-mail [email protected]

Thanks for your attention.

skozachuk

www.serhiykozachuk.org.ua
Oct 6, 2011
Thank you,

- it doesn't matter for me
- middle of May
- I can work 40+ hours per week (any time)
- it's not the highest priority for me. I wanna improve my English and become more familiar with american culture and find some new friends.

You will probably get a better response if you give some additional details, such as:
- city or area you will be or would like to be based in
- expected arrival date
- number of hours available e.g. part-time or full-time, during week only or nights & weekends etc.
- desired compensation
- etc.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2011
It might not matter to you, but do you have an opinion or desire to go someplace? I would highly recommend the Western US (go to the national parks! http://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm). And since you will be here in the Summer, I would stay towards the north. If I were you, I would go to NYC and take the train to Washington DC at the beginning or end of your trip. Then again, I have lived here my whole life and haven't been to New York City yet.

If you have a list of places you would like to live in, it also helps narrow down places where you can look for a temp job as a photographer. Don't just look in the city centers, but look at the suburbs around the cities as well. Also look at the weather/temperatures for that time of year. Florida or anywhere in the Southeast in July is hot and humid. From Texas to Arizona it is just hot. In the middle where I am, it is a little too flat and uninteresting.

My recommendation would be the Northeast (New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut), Colorado, Las Vegas, California(expensive), Washington state (Northwest). It's not to say that there aren't other places that are interesting or could work out for you. Maybe other people can give some suggestions or advice.

You can always make your own job here too if you have a good idea.

Upvote 0

KurtStevens

Practice safe photography, Use a concept.
May 25, 2011
www.kurtstevensphotography.com
If you happen to end up in Colorado I'd be happy to chat with you. Would be interesting after seeing your portfolio on how we could end up collaborating on some projects together. Rocky Mountain Nat'l park is a great place to visit and depending on your market has a great place for weddings. (wedding photographer myself). It would be good to have a location picked out ahead of time of where you would like to go therefore you can connect with people in that specific region, traveling is always good though.

Upvote 0