New “Kit Lens” for 5D Mark III? [CR1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tzalmagor

Re: New \

baldusi said:
tzalmagor said:
How many photographers on this site's forums actually need more than 20 megapixels ?

Personally, I'd rather Canon quit the megapixels race, and go back to improve it's lenses - there's plenty of work for Canon to do there.
I think that Canon SHOULD go forward with the megapixel race IF they invest a lot in pixel binning. I usually can't decide between SRAW1 and SRAW2 (D5mkii).

Currently, DxO Optics does not support Canon sRaw and mRaw formats, which would cause me practical problems with such a solution.

Furthermore, I lens prices are an issue for me now. I would rather Canon stop investing in more expensive lenses with greater resolving power than I need and higher price than I can afford, and start investing in lenses I would and could like to buy. Examples would be wide EF non-L primes.

Upvote 0
P

PHYSICA

Re: New \

Justin said:

actually the pronouncation is combining chinese word and english word . Chinese word of 5D is just pronounce like the chinese meaning of "invincible", the english word of "two" is just pronounce like chinese word "rabbit", so , a lot of chinese photographer said 5d2 is "invincible rabbit"

BTW, for 5D3. by combining the chinese pronounce and english pronounce, but using cantonese meaning, it might read like " nobody could have a fight with it" ..... or "nobody could beat him"...........approximate meaning in cantonese... (sorry but my english is not so good....)

back to the lens, I not think it'll be a 2nd generation of 24-105, nikon is just issue a lense with 28-300/3.5-5.6 , i think if canon won't left behind , the old 28-300 is too bulky for a guy to carry along the street....

Compare with the new high quality L-Lens with EF mount, for me , I want a Lens with EF-S Mount more, beside of the 10-22, 15-85 & 17-55F2.8 , Canon did not have a Tele-photo lense for EF-S mount with higher quality…. (the 55-250 is so…..) , Nikon just relese a lense of 55-300/4-5.6 with VC & SWM, it's good.....

if canon can introduce a lense just like nikon's 55-300 or like Sigma's 50-150F2.8 DC, that will be a very good news for 7D user. If canon could issue a lense series beside of L-Lens, which indicating the top len series for APS-C system, that will be great XDD (but i not think canon will do this...)

Upvote 0
D

dthomasla

Canon Rumors said:
<strong>5D Mark III Kit Lens Update?</strong>

<p>,,,The likelihood is good that an updated kit lens could appear with the 5D Mark III. If Canon is upping the megapixel amount as much as we think they will, more resolving power is definitely needed.</p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong>

If the resolving power of the old kit lens for the 5Ds is inadequate for the future 5Dlll.....and since the future 5Dlll is expected to have the highest megapixel count of any SLR out there, does this mean that many if not most lenses out there will not be adequate to the task?

If I buy the 5Dlll will my images be terribly compromised if I don't use "L" lenses?

Could somebody explain the issues related to resolving power and huge megapixel counts?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.