New 24-70 L II - something wrong with mine? is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just bought a new 24-70 last night. At 1st I was very impressed and it seemed very sharp on all apertures. However, this morning i wanted to take a closer look and Pixel peep a little. I was shocked to find that the right edge of the frame was completely blurry from top to bottom. I took a lot of test shot at various apertures and it happened all the way from 2.8 to 22 !!!!! I dont know if im overreacting or if I should return/exchange the lens. I will post the JPEG's that i converted from raw no NO ADJUSTMENTS. Can some please help me out with this. I dont think is normal or maybe im just spoiled from using primes. Look up close on the building on the right

This one is @ 2.8

Attachments

• 5R5C1192.jpg
    5R5C1192.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 880
Mar 25, 2011
It does look bad, but this is not the way to evaluate the lens. Line it up perpendicular to a brick wall at a fair distance back, and then you can see a issue much better. Then, turn it upside down and take a image of the same view.
If the bad area moves to the opposite side, get it fixed or exchange it. If the blurry area stays in the same place, its not the lens.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.