New Adobe feature, Boundary Warp.

Mar 25, 2011
I think that some panoramas will benefit from it, but its not smart enough to fill in the sky or remove the foreground deck.

I don't think that someone with Adobe 6.X is missing anything useful from the update. They are missing photoshop which takes things a huge step further when you want to do something that Lightroom can't do.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
pwp said:
Boundary Warp seems useful. Like most of the new headline features that Adobe ships, it's not a silver bullet that generates a miracle result with one pass. Rather, it's a tool that needs to be learned. Your result may need a targeted bump with Liquify, or Transform>Warp, or Content Aware Fill, Patch Tool or even the good old Clone Tool.

Most of us were fairly ham-fisted with new features when first announced, but learned to be subtle with them as time goes by.

-pw

That is so true, for instance I was disappointed that straight edges can get bent with the new Boundary Warp tool, until I realised that the lens info within the stitch is written to the file so the Adaptive Wide Angle filter in PS can straighten it! For the panos I have done in it so far, 15 odd, the Boundary Warp is far and away my favourite.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
tpatana said:
privatebydesign said:
tpatana said:
tpatana said:
Strange. So the LR System info menu says:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.3 [ 1052427 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 7
Version: 6.1

Should that say 6.4? The Creative Cloud Dashboard don't ask for update anymore, but it did update hour or two ago. And I've restarted LR several times. Maybe time to reboot PC?

Since reboot didn't fix it, could one of you who has the feature working, check the system info menu and see if the version says 6.4?

Mine says
2015.4 Release
Camera Raw 9.4
Build 1060496

I did have an issue like yours one time, I had my cloned backup drive attached to the computer and that had an older version of CC on it that automatically opened, rather than the newer version on my boot volume. Check to see if you have two versions of LR installed.

AFAIK I only have one version installed.

Today came home from office, Lightroom was again asking for update. This time it came with the warp :)

No clue why yesterday it didn't want to update to the latest, just second-latest.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Quick testing. Un-warp 100% came quite nice.

Then tested on PS. First settings "auto + fill content aware for empty" came out really crappy. It basically left the left side out completely, and many parts were really strange. Then set for spherical and did the content fill manually after merge was completed.

Then identical adjustments to both. For these, I like the LR version better, but I think the PS version could be adjusted further to be better.

Attachments

• T1D_9612-Edit.jpg
    T1D_9612-Edit.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 242
  • T1D_9612-Pano-3.jpg
    T1D_9612-Pano-3.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0