New Canon PZ-E1

I see that Canon is finally coming out with a power zoom attachment for their 18-135 EF-S lens. I shoot a fair amount of video with my 70D and would love this feature. I plan to upgrade to the 80D, but am quite sure that only the newest 18-135 will work. To my knowledge, this would be the third version of this lens, but they all have essentially the same name. What I have noticed is that the newest I have seen has "nanoUSM" on the barrel. Does anyone know if this is the lens that will work with the power Zoom attachment that comes out in June? If so, I would buy the body and lens now. I just need to know if this lens will work with the attachment. Looking at the zoom, it has 6-8 pins sticking up that will need to contact the lens, plus a pair of side locks. Help! Tank you...

Yes it is. Look at the underside of the lens and should be able to see the gearing to engage the PZ-E1 and slots for those two locks you mentioned.

It is also the only 18-135 that is being sold as a kit with the 80D, to my knowledge. EDIT - I think it is the only 18-135 that is being bundled by Canon, that is. Of course, vendors (ie. eBay) could bundle other lenses in an effort to swindle people.

Upvote 0