New Cinema EOS Camera Coming to NAB 2018 (CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We’ve confirmed that at least one Cinema EOS camera will be announced ahead of NAB 2018 in April in Las Vegas. <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/is-a-6k-canon-cinema-eos-c900-coming-in-2018-cr2/">We previously reported that a 6K camera was coming in 2018</a>, and wondered if it would be called the C900.</p>

<p>We can confirm that it will not be called the C900 and will be an update to a current camera. If we had to guess, we’re probably going to finally see the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II. We can’t imagine the C700 getting a new version this soon after launch, and we know that the C300 Mark II will remain current through 2018.</p>
<p>We have no update on a new C100 at this time.</p>
<p>Once we confirm the name of the camera and some specifications, we’ll let you know.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

ajm

Live, Shoot, Edit, Repeat
Aug 25, 2016
Look forward to a C500 MK II. I imagine it will be closer to a RED cine cam with internal recording for RAW weather it be RAW Light or Regular RAW, but on C-Fast Cards instead of a MAG like a RED MAG. And with external recording options through HDMI and SDI. Canon prob going head to head with a RED on this one. I'd rather have a Canon than a RED.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Etienne said:
CarlMillerPhoto said:
I can't believe there's no rumor on a C100 III yet. That has me worried.

Me too ... it appears that Canon is not very interested in the entry level video market. They have nothing to go up against the FS5, and I wonder if they are even going to try.

Perhaps the rumored new video-oriented camera is going to be the spiritual successor to the C100 line. Non-DSLR, EF mount, Super35, 4K, but a somewhat more consumer-oriented feature set. I was wondering how the new body would to fit between the XC15 and the C100 but that problem's solved if the C100 line is going to be retired.

Upvote 0
Sharlin said:
Etienne said:
CarlMillerPhoto said:
I can't believe there's no rumor on a C100 III yet. That has me worried.

Me too ... it appears that Canon is not very interested in the entry level video market. They have nothing to go up against the FS5, and I wonder if they are even going to try.

Perhaps the rumored new video-oriented camera is going to be the spiritual successor to the C100 line. Non-DSLR, EF mount, Super35, 4K, but a somewhat more consumer-oriented feature set. I was wondering how the new body would to fit between the XC15 and the C100 but that problem's solved if the C100 line is going to be retired.

I suspect that the XC video ILC will have a 1" sensor. If it has an APS-C then it could be the C100 mk III in everything but name.

Upvote 0
That would indeed be appreciated, but I'm also still wondering when Canon will realize that 24,30, and 60 aren't the only frame rates that filmmakers use. Still waiting on the ability to easily choose between 12, 18, 24, 30, 32, 36, 48, 60, 72fps--- at ANY resolution!

transpo1 said:
Will it have 4K 60p? It’d better.

Upvote 0

bgoyette

CR Pro
Feb 6, 2015
NorCal said:
That would indeed be appreciated, but I'm also still wondering when Canon will realize that 24,30, and 60 aren't the only frame rates that filmmakers use. Still waiting on the ability to easily choose between 12, 18, 24, 30, 32, 36, 48, 60, 72fps--- at ANY resolution!

C300 and C300 mark II have both had this feature since launch. Under "slow and fast motion" you can select frame rates 1-60fps. Not sure whether c100 II has this, I'm sure C500 and c700 have it. I believe C200 does not.

Upvote 0