New EF-M Prime Likely Coming Ahead of CP+ [CR2]

Jan 29, 2011
AvTvM said:
There is no denying that an ultra-compact, short portrait-tele is sorely missing in Canon's EF-M lens lineup. Enough choice for ultra-wideangle and wide-angle lenses and f/6.3 zooms, but no native lens above 22mm faster than f/5.6 ... it sucks!
It's also incorrect, there is the 28mm f3.5.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
privatebydesign said:
AvTvM said:
There is no denying that an ultra-compact, short portrait-tele is sorely missing in Canon's EF-M lens lineup. Enough choice for ultra-wideangle and wide-angle lenses and f/6.3 zooms, but no native lens above 22mm faster than f/5.6 ... it sucks!

Ooh. Burn.

- A

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
AvTvM said:
And i already got many of the lenses you suggest. The ones with STM AF drive [40/2.8, 50/1.8 STM] I sometimes use with adapter on my EOS M. Non-STM age-old design EF lenses like EF 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.0 do not work very well AF-wise when adapted to EOS M in my experience.

This was the case with the first generation M cameras, but the M5 and M6 handle these lenses just as well as the 80D does.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
privatebydesign said:
AvTvM said:

thx for correction! Forget that Macro thing ...

does not really change lamentable situation however. Lots of wide-angle stuff and (compact, slow) zooms, but no normal and tele focal lengths of even moderate speed available.

Even that 28/3.5 macro .. why not an EF-M 60/3.5 IS STM Macro ... ? In a pinch i would have gotten that one as long as no EF-M 85/2.4 IS STM is available.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
AvTvM said:
privatebydesign said:
AvTvM said:

does not really change lamentable situation however. Lots of wide-angle stuff and (compact, slow) zooms, but no normal and tele focal lengths of even moderate speed available.

Even that 28/3.5 macro .. why not an EF-M 60/3.5 IS STM Macro ... ? In a pinch i would have gotten that one as long as no EF-M 85/2.4 IS STM is available.

Well, a 28mm crop is equivalent to 44.8 FF, which is in the normal range as far as I am concerned. Not very fast, but still normal.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
BillB said:
AvTvM said:
privatebydesign said:
AvTvM said:

Well, a 28mm crop is equivalent to 44.8 FF, which is in the normal range as far as I am concerned. Not very fast, but still normal.

FOV wise yes ... but it still does not replace the 135mm equivalent FOV i am after ;-)

Upvote 0