New EFM lenses for m6 mark ii

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Does anyone know if any new EFM lenses will be released soon to accomodate the new 32.5 megapixel sensor in the M6 mark II? I will most likely buy the camera if Canon decides to bring out some higher quality lenses apart from the EF-M 22mm and 32mm.

Not quite what you asked, but I received the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 for EF-M this week and I'm very happy with it, no issues with it so far. I've created a thread for it.
It's sharp, focusses well and is pretty much silent. I'm still hoping for a 65mm f/4 macro with larger than 1:1 magnification, though.

Upvote 0

Ethan

EOS 200D
Feb 4, 2019
Not quite what you asked, but I received the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 for EF-M this week and I'm very happy with it, no issues with it so far. I've created a thread for it.
It's sharp, focusses well and is pretty much silent. I'm still hoping for a 65mm f/4 macro with larger than 1:1 magnification, though.
Did you get that for your M6 II?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if any new EFM lenses will be released soon to accomodate the new 32.5 megapixel sensor in the M6 mark II? I will most likely buy the camera if Canon decides to bring out some higher quality lenses apart from the EF-M 22mm and 32mm.

I really dont see why they would, given EF works so well with the adapter.

Upvote 0
Yes but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a compact camera ideal for travel

Given the adapter isnt exactly large and also given the very big array of EF (and EF-S works too) glass, there's no lack of choice for compact and light. I've gone hiking witht he kit 14-50(?) and also a 24-105 f4L and I really didnt find the added size and weight much of an issue. It's still noticably lighter than a DSLR and prolly not much different to my Sony A7R with it's native 24-70 f4.

If you want a lens that is going to be a match for the sensor, it's still going to be of a resonable size

Upvote 0