New EOS M Camera & Lens Make an Appearance

Nov 4, 2011
mrsfotografie said:
AvTvM said:
People willing to spend 899 or 1099 or more on a camera generally are well informed. They do their research up front on what new camera to buy, including use of forums like this one.

Please explain the popularity of the Panasonic 'Leica's' then ;D

what "popularity"? :)
Totally irrelevant minority. Probably less than 0,1% market share - no matter how its tallied.

Of the many, many people with cameras I personally know, exactly one has (or had) some Leica/Pana V-Lux. And that specific person indeed has more money than photographic smarts. ;)

Upvote 0
zim said:
The G5X development looks more interesting

idk the technical or size needed, but if they could take the g5x or the g3x and make the lenses they have on them into detachable lenses, and then have the options for attaching other lenses, they could give buyers a much larger range to choose from(still getting the buyers that want the auto lenses and the buyers that want to choose their lenses). Even if it means the camera would have to be larger, as of now mirrorless cameras are small enough, so the mm here and there doesn't really matter, until something WAY smaller comes about.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
People willing to spend 899 or 1099 or more on a camera generally are well informed. They do their research up front on what new camera to buy, including use of forums like this one.

My personal experience with beginners wanting to 'get serious' and get a 'real camera' system is that they're often prepared to spend up to a grand personally (admittedly AUD). The same people usually ignore my recommendations to buy something compact or second hand and go right for new entry-intermediate level SLR kits that they stop taking out of a few weeks because they are 'too bulky.'

Fuji and Sony are doing well dominating the aps-c mirrorless category on the premium end, perhaps Canon sees room in the market on the cheaper end.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
iron-t said:
I understand the physical limitations well enough.

There are plenty of small zooms that feature a max aperture of f/5.6 at the long end, or feature a long end longer than 45mm. That is why this kit lens seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Do you? What are the physical dimensions of those 'plenty of small zooms' compared to the M15-45? I presume you're talking about lenses designed for an APS-C sensor (vs. m4/3, since the former has a 46% larger sensor).

Ah, yes, thanks for the condescending tone. Clearly my expression of preference and opinion were incorrect.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
No. Those folks will not buy ANY camera for a grand or even for 699. they spend 299 or 349 max. Including kit zoom. That's the only reason why eg a powershot s120 is still sold new and shows up prominently in amazon sales rankings. At 179,- ... For thst target group canon msrp/pricing on "entry level" gear is totally off.

I currently live in Asia and I know way too many people having an A6000 or equivalent but don't even ever go out of auto mode... ::)

Upvote 0

bf

Jul 30, 2014
AvTvM said:
mrsfotografie said:
bf said:
There are folks who don't show up in forums. We don't know them but canon does. This camera is for them.

+1 well said.

No. Those folks will not buy ANY camera for a grand or even for 699. they spend 299 or 349 max. Including kit zoom. That's the only reason why eg a powershot s120 is still sold new and shows up prominently in amazon sales rankings. At 179,- ... For thst target group canon msrp/pricing on "entry level" gear is totally off.

Pricing seems high to me. On the other hand, M3 has debuted in the US with a $100 rebate and same can happen to M10.
One more, there are some folks who pay similarly or even more for compacts like G series. I don't know them either but they may be sold on the fact of having a larger sensor at such a small body. This time they get to know the product at best buy or target.

Upvote 0
Hah! You ask for appearance? I've already made one!
Why don't canon just copy a few design from EOS M3 and make the body Wider?
Wider body means that we have more space for EVF right next to flash. The screen? Still tiltable and of course the same size!
Other Possibilities if EVF was 360° Tiltable:
Our view is blocked by cable of Mic Jack
In the picture it shows if there's Headphone Jack, I hope they're exist on M4 body.

Why Wider Body?
If we can't put the EVF on the top and want to keep the selfie screen, Why don't we give more space for EVF and Function button?
Why Built In EVF?
For me, mirrorless is a camera that doesn't have mirror but still have Viewfinder! And soon we can race againts Sony, ah just kidding!

Who is Agree with my Canon EOS M4 BODY DESIGN?
I hope we can find way to tell canon that their mirrorless has sunk and I want to help them! (We)

Attachments

• 1463734660095510000286.jpg
    1463734660095510000286.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 1463734695777-296154132.jpg
    1463734695777-296154132.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 135
  • 1463734710558-2085898235.jpg
    1463734710558-2085898235.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
JoeAnimIDN said:
Hah! You ask for appearance? I've already made one!
Why don't canon just copy a few design from EOS M3 and make the body Wider?
Wider body means that we have more space for EVF right next to flash. The screen? Still tiltable and of course the same size!
Other Possibilities if EVF was 360° Tiltable:
Our view is blocked by cable of Mic Jack
In the picture it shows if there's Headphone Jack, I hope they're exist on M4 body.

Why Wider Body?
If we can't put the EVF on the top and want to keep the selfie screen, Why don't we give more space for EVF and Function button?
Why Built In EVF?
For me, mirrorless is a camera that doesn't have mirror but still have Viewfinder! And soon we can race againts Sony, ah just kidding!

Who is Agree with my Canon EOS M4 BODY DESIGN?
I hope we can find way to tell canon that their mirrorless has sunk and I want to help them! (We)

Not sure about the propeller on the back. is it an integrated drone ? ;D

Upvote 0