New features added to the Canon Rumors forum

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We continue to work away in the background on the Canon Rumors forum. We’re working to fix bugs, add features and evaluating user experience.
What we have added today:

Bookmarks – You can now bookmark threads and specific posts if you wish. You’ll see a new bookmarks button at the top right, which will show what you have bookmarked. You’ll see a new small bookmark graphic at the top of each thread, as well as at the top of each post.
Covers – On your profile card, you can now set a custom cover image. Simple click your username at the top right and then click your username again. You’ll see a “cover” option. You can upload whatever you’d like to appear there.
Questions & Answers – We have set up a Questions & Answers form. You can post your question there and then vote for the best answers. We don’t know how this will go, but it may prove to be valuable. You case the question and answer forum...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 28, 2015
It's just a simple customization of your profile. Some popular posters here are followed directly by people.
None the wiser.
Does the cover image appear in place of the 'M' next to my posts, if not where? Which part of my profile is it customising? How is it related to people who follow me?
Not everyone understands these terms.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
None the wiser.
Does the cover image appear in place of the 'M' next to my posts, if not where? Which part of my profile is it customising? How is it related to people who follow me?
Not everyone understands these terms.

Look at my profile to see a cover image.

The "m" is your avatar, you can customize that as well when clicking your profile name.

This is merely a cosmetic thing .

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I followed the instructions in the post, but I can't find a "cover image" option in my profile settings anywhere.

Check the 3 attached image for instruction, let me know if something doesn't appear the same.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 502
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2010
The best new feature this site has is the personalised data management options - but is that only for Europeans?

What is "personalised data management"?

Good question. Not one that I'm sure I can answer except to say that I say "No" to every option presented.

This feature gives you a full list of the companies that get made aware of your activity on canonrumors- and the list is a lot lot longer than "facebook and google." Many of the names I've never heard of. But they're all there.

It would be good to see that feature made available to everyone, globally.

Attachments

• thanks_for_visiting.png
    thanks_for_visiting.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 462
  • out_partners.png
    out_partners.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 463
  • google_personalisation.png
    google_personalisation.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0