New Lightroom HDR

Not a big time HDR guy, but the new HDR merge in Lightroom CC is really nice and works exactly better than anything I have used in the past. It basically takes a bunch of RAW files and makes a new raw file with all the tonal range you would ever need. No photoshop needed. I did this quick test this morning and liked the results. Because I was in a hurry I had to do it hand held and used a high shutter speed 1/250 at f/5. I just went through ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, and 6400 so the IQ is not as good as it could have been, but it still turned out great. Can't wait until I can used it with the 5DSr and a tripod. For some reason it looks terrible until you click on the image.

Attachments

• 1DX_8133-HDR.jpg
    1DX_8133-HDR.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 2,464
That is very interesting; when I click on your image, I get a larger version in a pop-up window, and that one looks quite different from the one in your original post!

I appreciate the convenience of the new HDR and panorama tools in Lightroom. I have used the Photoshop support for these extensively, and I look forward to maintaining full editing capabilities after a merge.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2014
InterMurph said:
That is very interesting; when I click on your image, I get a larger version in a pop-up window, and that one looks quite different from the one in your original post!

I appreciate the convenience of the new HDR and panorama tools in Lightroom. I have used the Photoshop support for these extensively, and I look forward to maintaining full editing capabilities after a merge.

Yes, the shadow areas have more exposure in the popup.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
jaayres20 said:
Not a big time HDR guy, but the new HDR merge in Lightroom CC is really nice and works exactly better than anything I have used in the past. It basically takes a bunch of RAW files and makes a new raw file with all the tonal range you would ever need. No photoshop needed. I did this quick test this morning and liked the results. Because I was in a hurry I had to do it hand held and used a high shutter speed 1/250 at f/5. I just went through ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, and 6400 so the IQ is not as good as it could have been, but it still turned out great. Can't wait until I can used it with the 5DSr and a tripod. For some reason it looks terrible until you click on the image.
NICE!

Upvote 0