New Orleans Bridal Crawl - My latest video production!!

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hey all,

Well, I just recently posted my latest video the New Orleans Bridal Crawl 2014 video.

This is from the crawl last year.
This is an event for charity....it originally started trying to set a true Guiness book of records for most people in full bridal gear (men and women, this *IS* New Orleans after all)...haha.

Anyway, subsequent ones have just been the theme for a pub crawl through the French Quarter each Sept.
The folks I did this for even gave me a little premier at a small theater uptown which was nice.

I shot this on a Canon 5D3.
The dark dark shooting environments I used a rented 50L f/1.2 to turn night into daylight..that is an amazing lens.
The other lenses I used:
17-40L f/4
24-105L f/4
Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 (I LOVE this little lens).

I shot most of this on my manfrotto monopod. I had mistakenly had my usual camera settings wrong, in that I usually shoot Marvels Cinestyle...but had it on standard for part of the shoot. I saw this and switched during the day.
I used FCPX as my editor and Davinci Resolve 11 as my color tool.

I will try my next shoot with Premier Pro. I have constantly run into FCPX NOT working well with the color grades from Resolve. FCPX is doing something to the clips when they come back in and it does not reflect what I did in resolve....I finally found that some other folks have seen this with no real solution. If I spend that much time doing color, I want it to look how I fixed it.

Anyway...the BIG thing for this video, was my first real foray into heavy After Effects usage.
The beginning and end titles were AE. For the 3D logo....I'd received a PDF with their logo..I learned enough Adobe Illustrator to fix the layers to bring it into AE, and from there created the ray traced 3D extruded logo...along with using Red Giant Particular to make the fireworks from scratch and the falling stars too.

I used AE for the bars of video popping in from the beginning after the logo....I also used it for the moving montages of the street dancing and for the bull riding that also used the great VideoCopilot free plug-in Sure Target, for the flying through space effect.
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/sure_target_2/

Anyway, the folks I did this for really enjoyed it and I'm gonna be doing it again this Sept...

Please take a look and let me know what you think and suggestions you might have.

I know some parts I wanted to cut a bit closer, but I had gotten then to work with the music (open source for commercial too, creative commons stuff)...and had run out of time to move cut and then retry to cut the music to get back to where I wanted it, etc.

Thank you in advance for watching:

THE VIDEO LINK HERE->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irURYjGS_oA

cayenne