New Type of Camera Coming from Canon Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

HarryFilm said:
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
REMEMBER --- YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!

You're wrong. I've been hearing bullshit for far longer than CanonRumors has existed.

===

Let me just say that a DOOOOOOOOOOZIE of an announcement is coming very soon.....and my speculations (backed up by some decent sources!) says that certain events are taking place as we speak...and that Canon has something VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING up their sleeve!

It's not bullshit if it's revealed to be all true........... :) ;-) :) ;-)

Are you familiar with the "Texas sharpshooter fallacy?" Simply put, it's when the sharpshooter draws a bullseye around the bullet hole. This is used frequently by so-called psychics who spin their vague sludge as accurate predictions.

You've been making vague predictions for quite a while, and you've badly missed on all of them. If you want to salvage any credibility at all, you need to provide accurate predictions of the product and the timeline. Otherwise...it's just some banal rantings that amount to nothing.

It's time to be specific: exactly what is the product you predict, and when will it be announced? Don't want to answer the question directly? Well, then it's no fun anymore, and you will have become boring, which is the worst possible thing for a story-teller.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Orangutan said:
Are you familiar with the "Texas sharpshooter fallacy?" Simply put, it's when the sharpshooter draws a bullseye around the bullet hole. This is used frequently by so-called psychics who spin their vague sludge as accurate predictions.

You've been making vague predictions for quite a while, and you've badly missed on all of them. If you want to salvage any credibility at all, you need to provide accurate predictions of the product and the timeline. Otherwise...it's just some banal rantings that amount to nothing.

It's time to be specific: exactly what is the product you predict, and when will it be announced? Don't want to answer the question directly? Well, then it's no fun anymore, and you will have become boring, which is the worst possible thing for a story-teller.

I hadn’t heard of the sharpshooter fallacy before, but that’s a pretty good analogy. Although in Harry’s case even his vague predictions and promises don’t seem to ever materialize. Remember his big product announcement he promised would be announced a week ago. We are still waiting.

But I do think you miss a key point. Salvaging any credibility is unimportant to Harry. He is like the Nigerian prince, he knows 99.9999% of us can see through his complete crap, but he gets some bizarre sense of satisfaction from knowing that .0001%want to believe his garbage.

He will never be specific because that would prove he’s a lying liar.

Upvote 0
unfocused said:
Orangutan said:

I hadn’t heard of the sharpshooter fallacy before, but that’s a pretty good analogy. Although in Harry’s case even his vague predictions and promises don’t seem to ever materialize. Remember his big product announcement he promised would be announced a week ago. We are still waiting.

But I do think you miss a key point. Salvaging any credibility is unimportant to Harry. He is like the Nigerian prince, he knows 99.9999% of us can see through his complete crap, but he gets some bizarre sense of satisfaction from knowing that .0001%want to believe his garbage.

He will never be specific because that would prove he’s a lying liar.
That assumes he's being nefarious. My current hypothesis is that he's a social psych professor at some prestigious university, and he's conducting research on the relative gullibility of online communities. He has aliases here, and on several other interest-oriented and politics-oriented sites. He's probably got an alias on a "second amendment" site where he's promoting insider knowledge of upcoming legislation. Hint: it's a DOOOOOOOOOOZIE! ;D :D ;) :p

Upvote 0
Orangutan said:
HarryFilm said:
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
REMEMBER --- YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!

You're wrong. I've been hearing bullshit for far longer than CanonRumors has existed.

===

Let me just say that a DOOOOOOOOOOZIE of an announcement is coming very soon.....and my speculations (backed up by some decent sources!) says that certain events are taking place as we speak...and that Canon has something VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING up their sleeve!

It's not bullshit if it's revealed to be all true........... :) ;-) :) ;-)

===

I SUCCESSFULY predicted the Canon EOS C700 cinema camera ITSELF since I was the one who discovered the original "C700x brochure" photos on the "Northlight Images UK" website (looks like they get a lot of Canon leaks!) where I then brought it over to the attention of North America AND I made Canon Canada/Canon USA aware of it by sending a copy of the brochure to our local Canon Corporate Representative (which THEY were shocked to see!) AND I correctly predicted that the C700/C700x would contain a GLOBAL SHUTTER which WAS IN FACT BROUGHT OUT when the C700 was introduced !!!

This IS WHAT MY SOURCES SAY:

1) Canon is working on and TESTING a large sensor screen Android-based smartphone that has 6+ inch display with an INTERCHANGEABLE lens camera mount designed for APS-C sensors. There HAVE been sub-sets of those rumours that there is a cheaper 2/3rds inch sensor phone ALSO being developed!

2) My sources say the price point will be between $1400 to $2000 U.S. for this large camera sensor interchangeable lens smartphone! Another set of sources say a second phone that is around 5.5 to 5.7 inches is being tested with a a price point between $700 to $900 U.S. which will NOT HAVE an interchangeable lens mount BUT may be either a 2/3rds inch sensor or an APS-C sensor with a FIXED lens! The Canon smartphones have NO SPECIFIED announcement date other than an ESTIMATED timeline of sometime within 2nd to 4th quarter 2019

3) My MULTIPLE sources say that Canon is currently working on a Medium Format Camera that has 50 megapixels shooting at 25 fps BURST RATE with a 16-bits per colour channel file output at 4:4:4/4:2:2 using a JPEG-2000 file container. The camera is to have a MUCH LARGER sensor than the 1Dx Mk2 and will require much larger lenses BUT will be based on an upsized EF mount! The camera WILL ALSO HAVE DCI 4K (4096x2160 pixel) 60 fps video at 4:2:2 10 bits per colour channel INTERFAME codec downsampled from the ENTIRE sensor. The camera is said to look like an upsized Canon 1Dx Mk2! Some sort of announcement is to be made around February 2019 for this camera.

4) Canon is ONE of FIVE companies ACTIVELY BEING LOOKED AT by Apple for a complete takeover! Apple wishes to take its CPU/GPU/RAM production IN-HOUSE and MAY ALSO be looking at Global Foundries to fit the bill of obtaining semiconductor and optical systems production technology. My sources say Apple is ready to pounce ANYTIME THIS YEAR !!!

5) Apple is ALSO looking for 3D printing technology for plastics, carbon-composites, ceramics and metal printing systems which MAY be introduced as part of the workstation-level MAC-PRO refresh to take place in 2019/2020. Another source has said that MarkForged is ONE intended takeover target by Apple for such technology which MAY ALSO BE USED in the Apple Autonomous Vehicle development and production systems! I have no specific date for such an acquisition by Apple!
MY PERSONAL GUESS is sometime 3rd to 4th quarter 2018 or 1st Quarter 2019!

6) Another company possibly being looked at by APPLE in addition to Canon is GatesAir which was formerly part of the Harris Broadcast Technology Group as they provide broadcast gear for over-the-air TV signal transmission, video streaming codecs and broadcast news technology! This would be a SMART MOVE since they ALSO HAVE technology for VERY WIDE AREA INTERNET wireless communications electronics and antennae systems WHICH MEANS I THINK APPLE wants to BYPASS the Big Telcos and Cable Companies by BUILDING AND OPERATING ITS OWN FULLY WIRELESS Cable TV and 4G/5G Cell Phone System in North America and Around the World that is to be EXCLUSIVELY accessed ONLY by Apple hardware!

At $30 per month for 10 to 20 gigs WIRELESS iPhone/iPad internet access, Apple would be making on order of about $4.5 Billion U.S. in the USA ALONE! Add another $50/month for unlimited Apple TV channels and that would BE ANOTHER $7.5 Billion per month for a GROSS INCOME of $144 BILLION PER YEAR just in the USA alone -- NO WONDER Apple is said to be looking at GatesAir for their TV/Internet transmission technologies! At about $400 million to about $800 million based upon current estimates, it's a VERY CHEAP PURCHASE for Apple!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
HarryFilm said:
I SUCCESSFULY predicted the Canon EOS C700 cinema camera ITSELF since I was the one who discovered the original "C700x brochure" photos on the "Northlight Images UK" website

You read something on another Canon-related rumors website and posted it here, and that constitutes a 'successful prediction'?

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
I SUCCESSFULY predicted the Canon EOS C700 cinema camera ITSELF since I was the one who discovered the original "C700x brochure" photos on the "Northlight Images UK" website

You read something on another Canon-related rumors website and posted it here, and that constitutes a 'successful prediction'?

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

===

The "C700x Brochure" was something found quite by accident and the Northlight Images UK website was perplexed and didn't KNOW what to make of it and after reading through the document, I was quite sure it was the REAL THING from a technical point of view and I then extrapolated some KEY features (i.e. sensor size and type) which I then disclosed on various forums in North America which YES INDEED it DOES mean a successful prediction since:

a) I let North America and probably a wider Europe know about it.

b) I extrapolated based upon technical specifications I found in teh document itself that IN FACT it would eventually be a DCI 4K GLOBAL SHUTTER sensor. And when Canon DID announce the C700 camera itself...lo and behold it had a 4K DCI sensor with GLOBAL SHUTTER! I even predicted it would come with an INTERCHANGEABLE PL and EF mount.

Northlight Images UK is NOT REALLY a rumours site! I personally think the sysop (System Operator) really did not quite know how to interpret or do anything with the information that was posted on his site.

ME! Having some quite long history with Cinema Camera systems DEFINITELY HAVE THE BACKGROUND to interpret and evaluate the technical data mentioned in the specifications portion of the "brochure". I then found information that would be of interest to the general Canon Rumours community and then decided to espouse some personal opinions and extrapolate some technical specifications which were LATER FOUND TO BE CORRECT !!!

Ergo...I have some SUCCESSFUL PREDICTIONS !!!

---

AS OF NOW! The rumour mill IS HOT AS MOLTEN LAVA !!!!

My multiple European engineering sources all seem to have THE SAME STORIES!

a) A Canon high burst rate (25 fps) Medium Format JPEG-2000 50 megapixel very large sensor stills camera is on the way to be announced around February 2019!

b) A Canon Android Smartphone with LARGE APS-C sensor with INTERCHANGEABLE LENS and a smaller Android smartphone with a 2/3rds inch or APS-C sensor and fixed lens is on the way! No HARD timeline for that though but estimated at late 2019!

c) Apple is taking a HARD LOOK at Canon for an outright purchase! Maybe even within the next 90 to 180 days!

d) Apple wants to take CPU/GPU/RAM/Sensor production FULLY IN-HOUSE and may want to operate their own Cable TV and 4G/5G cell phone system for Apple Hardware ONLY and create/sell 3D printing systems for their upcoming workstation-class products! MarkForged, GatesAir, Global Foundries and Canon SEEM to be the corporate takeover targets for Apple to fulfill those goals!

THOSE ARE MY PREDICTIONS !!!!!

Am I Right? We Shall See...........

REMEMBER !!! --- YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:
Coincidentally, Steve Jobs sometime around 2005 was having ACTUAL TALKS in the boardroom of Apple asking board members as whether or not BUYING Canon outright for their colour laser printing technology AND for their precision optical systems technology was a good idea.

I know everything you post here is nonsense, but did Apple have the resources to buy Canon back then? It's the richest company in the world (more or less) NOW, but 2005 was long before even the iPhone - does anyone have the figures? I wouldn't be surprised if Canon was as big as or bigger than Apple in those days.

In 2005, Apple's market cap was in the high 20's (billions of $), Canon's was in the low 30's.

But since when have facts or reality concerned Harry in the slightest?

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
1.) MOLTEN LAVA HOT prediction for "sometime 2019":
a MONSTER LARGE SENSOR smartphone with 41 MEGA-Pixels, Carl ZEISS all-aspherical f/2.2 lens, Xenon flash, AMOLED display and mobile phone OS! Nothing else comes close!

July 11, 2013: Stephen Elop presents the Nokia Lumia 1020. 1/1.5" sensor (= very similar size to 2/3"). In store since September 2013. https://dpreview.com/articles/6384275680/nokia-lumia-1020-preview

Harry, YOU READ IT HERE FIRST! Now let's do the TIME WARP again! ;D

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
"....A jumble of mixed-up nonsense from someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Or, even what 3D printers do...."

That is a comment going to a guy who has access to THREE HAAS 5-axis CNC machines AND about TWENTY of the Stratasys 3D fused deposition printers AND a few German-made electron-beam titanium metal powder fusion 3D print machines used to make turbojet, scramjet and rocket motor parts.....AND.... to a guy who has a fully-functional 70,000 lbs of thrust custom 3D metal-printed Turbojet sitting in the company warehouse!

You do understand that an assertion does not count as evidence? Your claim to have these things does not carry any weight, especially given how unreliable your previous claims have been.

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
2.) My SECRET OCTAGENARIAN SOURCES in the Canon BOARD ROOM are telling me, Canon might launch an APS-C sensored "Smartphone-cam" with mount for interchangeable lenses soon! This INNOVATIVE FEAST would be accomplished simply by sticking a chinese 4G mobile comm module running under Android into any small Canon EOS body. It may well be called EOS M50 Mk II. But my engineering sources say "innovative Canon" will only be able to launch it "sometime in 2019"!

Harry, YOU HEAR IT HERE FIRST!!!!! fresh from the horses' mouth!

Upvote 0
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:
"....A jumble of mixed-up nonsense from someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Or, even what 3D printers do...."

That is a comment going to a guy who has access to THREE HAAS 5-axis CNC machines AND about TWENTY of the Stratasys 3D fused deposition printers AND a few German-made electron-beam titanium metal powder fusion 3D print machines used to make turbojet, scramjet and rocket motor parts.....AND.... to a guy who has a fully-functional 70,000 lbs of thrust custom 3D metal-printed Turbojet sitting in the company warehouse!

You do understand that an assertion does not count as evidence? Your claim to have these things does not carry any weight, especially given how unreliable your previous claims have been.

---

My claims CANNOT be deemed reliable because timewise they have simply NOT been borne out yet! In February 2019, we shall see what Canon brings out! At Photokina, we shall see what Canon Announces (if anything!). Anytime within the next 180 days Apple is buying one or more companies...WHICH SMALL OR LARGE ONE WILL IT BE?
When is the Canon Smartphone coming out? I don't know! ...BUT...I am guessing it's PROBABLY within 18 months!

---

The ONLY Claim that has been borne out is the data I presented here about the Canon Global Shutter on a 4K Cinema Camera with an Interchangeable EF/PL mount (i.e. C700) THAT'S IT! ( I should note though, that ANY person with experience in Cinema Camera systems SHOULD HAVE been able to predict that!) The DOOOOOZIE announcement coming soon is something on a different subject matter which is rather substantial for the Canon Rumours community and it will be presented here enough..........

---

I will say one thing....in that Canon is going to make a play into large sensor professional photo systems and smartphones very soon now! At Photokina, I highly DOUBT they will actually introduce anything other than mere camera software updates ...BUT... I do suspect that Canon execs will make a discreet Plans-for-Next-Year announcement for the MF and Smartphone systems to stave off and/or reduce the effects of any direct Sony announcements on that market.

Upvote 0
scyrene said:
neuroanatomist said:
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:
Coincidentally, Steve Jobs sometime around 2005 was having ACTUAL TALKS in the boardroom of Apple asking board members as whether or not BUYING Canon outright for their colour laser printing technology AND for their precision optical systems technology was a good idea.

I know everything you post here is nonsense, but did Apple have the resources to buy Canon back then? It's the richest company in the world (more or less) NOW, but 2005 was long before even the iPhone - does anyone have the figures? I wouldn't be surprised if Canon was as big as or bigger than Apple in those days.

In 2005, Apple's market cap was in the high 20's (billions of $), Canon's was in the low 30's.

But since when have facts or reality concerned Harry in the slightest?

Thanks for the info!

Here are the FACTUAL NUMBERS for 2005 in terms of Market Capitalization for Canon and Apple:

$48 Billion US for Canon July 3, 2005 and 49.8 Billion November 2005 for Apple

Apple was the LARGER Company market-wise in 2005 by small amount!

so YES Apple COULD HAVE TAKEN OVER all of Canon by using Goldman Sachs as the Mergers and Acquisitions financiers and YES Steve Jobs DID IN FACT mention buying Canon in 2005 !!!

I suspect today that Morgan Stanley would be the preferred M&A firm that Apple would use for taking over Canon with Goldman Sachs the 2nd choice. Again, rumours are that Apple has FIVE companies it is looking at for outright purchase/takeover...I SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW YET which one they will choose other than that 90 days to 180 days is one time period being bandied about in my engineering forum circles!

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:

---

My claims CANNOT be deemed reliable because timewise they have simply NOT been borne out yet! In February 2019, we shall see what Canon brings out! At Photokina, we shall see what Canon Announces (if anything!). Anytime within the next 180 days Apple is buying one or more companies...WHICH SMALL OR LARGE ONE WILL IT BE?
When is the Canon Smartphone coming out? I don't know! ...BUT...I am guessing it's PROBABLY within 18 months!

I meant specifically your claims to own all those 3D printers. Obviously all your predictions and pronouncements are just silly - I don't even read them thoroughly, because your writing style gives me a headache.

Upvote 0
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:
scyrene said:
HarryFilm said:

---

I meant specifically your claims to own all those 3D printers. Obviously all your predictions and pronouncements are just silly - I don't even read them thoroughly, because your writing style gives me a headache.

===

I don't own the CNC gear! My friend's company (which he owns in its entirety) does!
I merely have off-the-clock access to almost all of it due to me doing computer and high end cinema related "consulting work" in exchange for Steak and Beer dinners and access to some TOTALLY SWEEEEEET CNC/3D printing gear which is WHY there is a 70,000 lbs of thrust 3D printed Titanium and Cobalt-Steel TurboJet sitting in his warehouse! I have to pay for the materials, but the printing is done by me off-hours! Ya Can't beat that price. (i.e. almost free!) The company I work for ALSO has sweet gear which I have to sign out and pay for insurance for...BUT...I still have lots of off-hours access to it!

Again, ya can't beat the price! The current company who saw what I was doing with the Canon 444/422 codec was INFURIATED at my actions which ticked them off to no end (aka thrown chairs, broken coffee mugs, etc), so we went underground after a VERY heated discussion and will soon introduce something -B-I-G- and hopefully in the next few weeks, I will go from 12 year old beater sedan to Bell 429 as my daily driver!

And in terms of your headaches, may I suggest good swill or three of German Brandy (Asbach Uralt specifically) so that you may recover from swoooning at my Cultural Learnings of CanonRumors for make benefit Beatific and Bestest Nation EVER of HarryFilm!

Upvote 0
Anyways, to the most glorious nation of CanonRumors, it looks like my European engineering sources SEEM to have paid off again in that a 2018 Photokina announcement seems to on the agenda for Canon for an XC-15 look-a-like with an INTERCHANGEABLE LENS and an enhanced ONE INCH 5.9K sensor (i.e. with almost the same resolution as new iteration of C700 camera) that IS basically an electronic shutter (aka mirrorless!) video camera and stills system WITH an end-user-purchaseable adapter for Full Frame EF lenses. The video will be cropped-from-middle-of-sensor 4K DCI (4096x2160)...BUT... the stills will be VERY NICE 5.9k quality!

I am still confused by what MOUNT is being put on the camera as it SEEMS it is an EF-S mount but with a 1 inch sensor. WTF? Price will be "Competitive" and WILL feature 4:2:2 10 bit interframe 60 fps video codec AND EITHER the 4:4:4/4:2:2 JPEG-2000 OR the New High Efficiency Still Image codec being bandied about by the MPEG-LA group. My sources still have some confusion as to which Still Image codec is being put on the camera!

This product was told to me as being a combination of 7D mk2 and XF-405 camcorder
BUT with interchangeable lens!

AGAIN, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!!

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
HarryFilm said:
Anyways, to the most glorious nation of CanonRumors, it looks like my European engineering sources SEEM to have paid off again in that a 2018 Photokina announcement seems to on the agenda for Canon for a XC-15 look-a-like with an INTERCHANGEABLE LENS and an enhanced ONE INCH 5.9K sensor (i.e. with almost the same resolution as new iteration of C700 camera) that IS basically an electronic shutter (aka mirrorless!) video camera and stills system WITH an end-user-purchaseable adapter for Full Frame EF lenses. The video will be cropped-from-middle-of-sensor 4K DCI (4096x2160)...BUT... the stills will be VERY NICE 5.9k quality!

I am still confused by what MOUNT is being put on the camera as it SEEMS it is an EF-S mount but with a 1 inch sensor. WTF? Price will be "Competitive" and WILL feature 4:2:2 10 bit interframe 60 fps video codec AND EITHER the 4:4:4/4:2:2 JPEG-2000 OR the New High Efficiency Still Image codec being bandied about by the MPEG-LA group. My sources still have some confusion as to which Still Image codec is being put on the camera!

This product was told to me as being a combination of 7D mk2 and XF-405 camcorder
BUT with interchangeable lens!

AGAIN, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!!

Or, we read it here ( https://www.eoshd.com/2018/04/canons-rival-to-the-gh5-leaks/ ) 3 weeks ago...

Upvote 0
Hector1970 said:
Hi Harryfilm
Would you perhaps predict the Euromillions Lotto ticket numbers for 8pm tonight?
You seem to have a great insight into the future.
I could do with the money to buy more Canon gear.

The winning Euromillion numbers in my delirious mind are:

06 07 09 23 48 and the Lucky Stars are 01 08

Good Luck AND May The Force be With You -- ALWAYS!

Upvote 0