New Unreleased Canon Gear Has Appeared for Certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Nokishita has posted an updated list of unreleased Canon that has appeared at a certification authority. Some of these items also appeared <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/new-canon-cameras-up-for-certification/">back in September</a>.</p>
<p><strong>Canon</strong></p>

<ul>
<li><strong><a href="http://www.nokishita-camera.com/2017/08/eos-kiss-x80.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">DS 126701 (Rebel 1400D/Kiss X90?)</a></strong>
<ul>
<li>Single-lens reflex camera</li>
<li>SKU: 3011C001AA, 3011C002AA, 3011C003AA</li>
<li>Made in Taiwan</li>
<li>Wi-Fi installed (Bluetooth not installed)</li>
<li>Size: W129.0 mm × H 101.6 mm × D 77.1 mm</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><strong>DS 126741</strong>
<ul>
<li>Single-lens reflex camera</li>
<li>Wi-Fi installed (Bluetooth not installed)</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><strong>PC 2328</strong>
<ul>
<li>Digital camera</li>
<li>Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed</li>
<li>New wireless module installed ( <a href="https://nccmember.ncc.gov.tw/Application/FUN/FUN016_JPG.aspx?fileid=GsYYLexzqeg%3d" target="_blank" rel="noopener">WM 600</a> )</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><strong>Interchangeable Lens 1</strong>
<ul>
<li>SKU: 2309C005AA</li>
<li>made in Japan</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><strong>Interchangeable Lens 2</strong>
<ul>
<li>SKU: 2439C005AA</li>
<li>made in Japan?</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><strong>DS 401141</strong>
<ul>
<li>Electronic flash</li>
<li>SKU: 1757C003</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<p>We’re still working to figure out what the rest of the products on this list area.</p>
<p><em>More to come…</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jul 21, 2010
ahsanford said:
index.php

mmybLw.gif

:D

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:

No no, that's for after they let me down with some ring lite macro collapsing STM variable aperture focus by wire plasticsauce nutty focal length disasterpants of a lens.

And I have my own graphic for that, thank you very much. ;)

- A

Attachments

• Charlie-Brown-football2.jpg
    Charlie-Brown-football2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,850
Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
LDS said:
Photorex said:
Interchangeable Lens 1

SKU: 2309C005AA
made in Japan

Interchangeable Lens 2

SKU: 2439C005AA
made in Japan?

35ish and 85ish EF-M prime lenses? ::)

Are EF-M lenses made in Japan?

I think so. I'm picking up my M5 today, so I'll let you know what it says on the lens. But with a full frame mirrorless body that's supposed to come out next year, along with how well the M5 has been doing (especially compared to the earlier abomination in the M line) it would make a lot of sense for Canon to bulk up the EF-M lens line up ahead of time. The only primes are the 22 and the macro lens. Slim pickings. Rokinon's EF-M 50mm has seen a lot of love though. There is a 16mm EF-M lens out now as well third party.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
CanonGrunt said:
...with a full frame mirrorless body that's supposed to come out next year, along with how well the M5 has been doing (especially compared to the earlier abomination in the M line) it would make a lot of sense for Canon to bulk up the EF-M lens line up ahead of time.

Is there some reason you believe a full-frame mirrorless would or could use an EF-M lens? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:
...with a full frame mirrorless body that's supposed to come out next year, along with how well the M5 has been doing (especially compared to the earlier abomination in the M line) it would make a lot of sense for Canon to bulk up the EF-M lens line up ahead of time.

Is there some reason you believe a full-frame mirrorless would or could use an EF-M lens? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Wouldn't it have the M mount? Or is the current one the mirrorless equivalent of the EF-S mount and wouldn't work? Or do you think they might use the actual EF mount on that one. I'm not really sure how all that works out with Canon just really getting into the mirrorless market...

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
CanonGrunt said:
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:

Wouldn't it have the M mount? Or is the current one the mirrorless equivalent of the EF-S mount and wouldn't work? Or do you think they might use the actual EF mount on that one. I'm not really sure how all that works out with Canon just really getting into the mirrorless market...

I don't believe the M mount would have an adequate image circle to cover full frame. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:

+1. Even if the FF mirrorless setup had an EF-M mount (if that's even possible), current EF-M lenses would only cover a crop image circle -- they might be usable on a FF mount but they certainly won't be desirable for that application.

- A

Upvote 0

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
ahsanford said:
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:

Ah, yes. Ok, that makes sense then. Thanks. So I wonder if they'll just use the EF mount in a FF mirrorless then? That would be nice. I imagine it would fail pretty quick if they introduced a fourth mount into the mix.

+1. Even if the FF mirrorless setup had an EF-M mount (if that's even possible), current EF-M lenses would only cover a crop image circle -- they might be usable on a FF mount but they certainly won't be desirable for that application.

- A
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:
unfocused said:
CanonGrunt said:

I don't believe the M mount would have an adequate image circle to cover full frame. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

LDS said:
Photorex said:
Interchangeable Lens 1

made in Japan

Interchangeable Lens 2

made in Japan?

At least behind the interchangable Lens 2 "made in Japan?" statement is a questionmark. So this lens could as well being made in another country, if this is true for EF-M lenses.

But I do not know where Canon let manufacture which lenses.

My question is more or less my wishful thinking for such EF-M primes. Maybe more realistic a 50ish EF-M instead of the 85ish.

regards
Frank

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
Interchangeable Lens 1

made in Japan

Interchangeable Lens 2

made in Japan?

- A

We've had 3 new 50mm lenses this Millenium.

You can't honestly expect them to release any more?

PS you know the 1.4 was released the same year as the original Jurassic park.... so it's as old as a bunch of dinosaurs.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
ahsanford said:
Even if the FF mirrorless setup had an EF-M mount (if that's even possible), current EF-M lenses would only cover a crop image circle -- they might be usable on a FF mount but they certainly won't be desirable for that application.

I doubt that Canon would design the FF MILC mount to take EF-M lenses. But if they use the same flange focal distance and throat diameter (which is possible with EF-M mount specs, albeit barely), then APS-C MILCs could directly mount FF MILC lenses, just like EF lenses on APS-C dSLRs, and that certainly would be desirable. Or they could use the existing EF mount, which I think is the most likely option. The third option – a new, dedicated FF MILC mount that requires an adapter for EF lenses and likely won't mount on APS-C MILCs (an ultra-thin uber-unergonomic adapter notwithstanding) – is the least likely option.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
ahsanford said:
neuroanatomist said:

No no, that's for after they let me down with some ring lite macro collapsing STM variable aperture focus by wire plasticsauce nutty focal length disasterpants of a lens.

And I have my own graphic for that, thank you very much. ;)

- A

The solution may be coming, if a fullframe mirrorless is on the way. I went back to the 2012 lensrental articles on 5DIII auto focus and it turns out the 50mm f1.4 focuses just fine with contrast detect AF in Liveview. No need for a new lens. Just a new camera with an EVF.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
BillB said:
The solution may be coming, if a fullframe mirrorless is on the way. I went back to the 2012 lensrental articles on 5DIII auto focus and it turns out the 50mm f1.4 focuses just fine with contrast detect AF in Liveview. No need for a new lens. Just a new camera with an EVF.

If Canon's answer for the EF 50 f/1.4 USM replacement (which should cost between $399 and $799 depending on feature set) is to buy a $2K+ new body, they can stuff it.

And even if they did that, f/1.4 on that lens is not terribly usable and the protruding/damageable inner barrel (i.e. the externally focusing design) would still be around. No sale.

- A

Upvote 0
CanonGrunt said:
LDS said:
Photorex said:
Interchangeable Lens 1

made in Japan

Interchangeable Lens 2

made in Japan?

I think so. I'm picking up my M5 today, so I'll let you know what it says on the lens. But with a full frame mirrorless body that's supposed to come out next year, along with how well the M5 has been doing (especially compared to the earlier abomination in the M line) it would make a lot of sense for Canon to bulk up the EF-M lens line up ahead of time. The only primes are the 22 and the macro lens. Slim pickings. Rokinon's EF-M 50mm has seen a lot of love though. There is a 16mm EF-M lens out now as well third party.

All EF-M lenses are currently made in Taiwan, even the excellent metal-bodied 11-22.

Upvote 0