New Years Wish

Feb 28, 2013
Hi Canon JP.

OK were told the EOS 6D MKII is coming in 2017 so can you please at least have the following on the specification list:-

28MP dual pixel sensor
45 point cross type AF (centre dual-cross type)
63 zone with 7,560 pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
100% viewfinder coverage
Anti-flicker
Max. Shutter speed 1/8000 to 30sec
Intervalometer
Flash sync at 1/250
6fps continuos shooting
NFC
Dual pixel AF focusing
Customised quick menu
Improve weather seals

Retain from current camera

GPS
Wi-Fi (but improve the connectivity which is arcane)
Dynamic range
LP-E6N battery

Body size is already good compromise, slightly lighter would be cool.

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Is this where we insert our own or pick and debate your choices?

Fwiw, I do want/need a 2nd body and am holding out for the 6D Mkii, no matter the specs, it's the price which will tempt me or not. The Mark 1 is just fine to backup my 5D3 so anything better will be great.

I personally am not GASsing for any glass which is odd and I have my fill of bags so my wishlist consists of time and opportunity to take some photo centric trips. Capitol Reef, Joshua Tree and the Central Calif coast are on my 2017 list.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
jeffa4444 said:
Hi Canon JP.

OK were told the EOS 6D MKII is coming in 2017 so can you please at least have the following on the specification list:-

If I have that right, you want a full-frame 80D with:

minus 1 fps
plus 8 more MP
minus the tilty-flippy screen, touchscreen, etc.

...or one could read (in really broad strokes) that you want a 5D4 without 4K, its fancy metering or metal body for around $2k.

The former request makes sense. The latter does not.

The 6D2 must must must be nerfed in critical ways (other than 4K) or it will be hard to keep the 5D4 price where it is. Canon rarely sells camera bodies 95% as capable as something else for 60% of the price.

My 6D2 guess is:

24 MP for clear differentiation to the 5D4
Tilty-flippy + touchscreen (I feel this is a certainty for the enthusiast community)
Keep it around 5 fps for differentiation to the 5D4 (still exasperated they nerfed the 5D4's fps so hard)
Add the recent goodies: anti-flicker, touch AF point selection, customizable menu, etc. (maybe not DP RAW)
Add one new thing that hasn't been done before -- no idea what it is, but we got -3 EV center AF last time

- A

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
A high quality jack of all trades stills camera for the wannabe photographers amongst us without the pandering to the wannbe film makers market that comes in at a decent price instead of the ridiculous 5k that the 5dmk4 costs. I know it won't happen but it would be nice. For me it would be around the 25mp, 7fps, basic 1080p video, fixed screen without touch capability to save costs, decent but not the ultimate build quality and good autofocus(80d style) all priced around the 2500-3000 mark?

Upvote 0