Christchurch
17580192318_2536c427c8_h.jpg

Aoraki / Mt Cook
17348953411_6f122b54b8_h.jpg

Purakunui
16863612230_1c8ce34e73_h.jpg

Upvote 0

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
At the very start of the year (January 2015) – I went to New Zealand’s South Island for our honeymoon. It was my first visit to that beautiful country.

I’m a middle aged male, born in Tasmania, Australia now living in South Australia. I lived in Europe for over a decade, residing in a number of countries there, travelling frequently and visited various other parts of the world. My wife was born in Australia, but spent 7 years of her childhood in Nepal- her parents were medical missionaries.

My wife and myself really loved New Zealand as a location and place to visit / drive. As we only have ‘hills’ here in South Australia, the sight and experience of being in ‘real mountains’ again was special. I have done many walks in European mountains, particularly the Swiss Alps, Romanian mountains, and highlands of Scotland. Tasmania has ‘real mountains’ – though I have not lived in Tasmania for many years.

We were on the South Island for almost 2 weeks. We hired a car (thumbs up from Ace Car Rentals) – and drove around the South Island, staying at a few locations more than 1 night.
  • Christchurch
  • Akaroa
  • Mt Cook
  • Wanaka
  • Queenstown
  • Dunedin
  • Hanmer Springs
  • Picton
The air and water in NZ were just so clean and fresh, people friendly, landscape magnificent (NZ was actually experiencing their warmest bout of weather for a long time!) My/our honeymoon there gave us both the ‘travel itch’ again. If only I didn’t have to work and pay bills! lol

Currently I’m at work. My internet access here means I can’t view the photos in this thread… but I look forward to viewing more when I’m back at home this evening.

I only have 2 photos from my Canon 7D at work. I am posting these two here- hoping you like them. These are 2 perspectives of the same, small lake.

This little lake is formed some distance from the bottom of some waterfalls, in the Mt Cook National Park. We had a stunning morning’s walk up the slope, to the falls, and then back down again. This lake was quite close to the road… but still so clear and pristine!

Paul

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 692
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
This was my trip last December to New Zealand, first a wedding in Auckland, then a week driving in the South Island, about 2500 km.

These are some of the places we went to.
​Christchurch, flew in and out from Auckland,
Dunedin / Harington Point, 2 nights,
Timaru / Oamaru / Moeraki,

Invercargill, 1 night,
Manapouri, 2 nights, / Te Anau / Doubtful Sound --- cruise,
Purakauni,
Queenstown / Glenorchy / Arrowtown (part of the Hobbits scenery),
Wanaka

The route, in red, is obtained with GP-E2 mounted on my 5D3 and imported to Google Earth.
-r

Attachments

• NZ route.png
    NZ route.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
Hey guys - some really great photos here, thanks for sharing!
I'd like to share with you some of mine of this beautiful country -
all shot with the EOS 6D and 16-35mm f/4, Samyang 14mm f/2.8 and 80-200mm f/2.8 in 13 days on New Zealand's South Island:

Lake Wanaka / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Epiphany Part II / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Matukituki Valley / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Nugget Point / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Lake Tekapo / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Moeraki Boulder / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Peak Hill / New Zealand by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr

Upvote 0
Upvote 0