Newbie Question About Rules Or Lack OF...

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
To the site administrators:
Yesterday i read some information on another Canon rumors website that I thought was pertinent to one of the current topics in the forum here and would be of interest to the forum members. I mentioned this site by name. When I returned later I found that the name of the mentioned site had been replaced by asterisks. Just curious as to why it was changed. Is there bad blood between that site and this one? I often see this site referred to in their official rumor posts and I am quite certain that they have been mentioned by admin posts on this site. They don't appear to be a commercial site nor competing with this site in any way and the two sites are so similar in look that for a long time I thought both sites were being run by the same people.
So my question is this: is it taboo to mention the name of other rumor sites in this forum?

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
Thanks ajfotofilmagem,
I posted no links, just stated that I had seen the info on their site as a reference so others could be informed.
It is not a big deal for me and in the future I will not mention another site by name, but I was very surprised because I have often seen both sites refer to info on the other site by name and by the official rumor releases.

Upvote 0