Nikon confirms an mirrorless D5 in the future - I´m on fire

I hope Canon will answer this. in the near future... Maybe they will surprise us

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Nikon and Canon generally announce their flagship cameras within a few months of one another. This says Nikon will introduce a flagship with no date specified, so we can say with certainty that Canon will introduce a flagship with no date specified as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
It is beginning to look like Canon is going to have a excellent selection of high end lenses ready when their 1 series arrives. I would expect that Nikon is working on pro lenses full tilt as well. Many Nikon users have depended on 3rd party lenses in the past. That might be a factor to consider in their mirrorless sales.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Both companies have most of the time delivered top end models that were almost equal.
Both now spread rumors that the ML ones are going to be announced before long.
So I would expect both to be great once again. And it's always great to see what can be done.

As they are out of reach for me (price) and my style of photog luckily does not need them I can stay cool and calm :p

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I just read about the Z8, looks promising and maybe something akin to what the Pro R will be. I like the idea of 50-60 MP as opposed to 80ish. Hand holding ability, noise, file size, buffer....those things really do matter., plus the best thing would be a return to Nikon vs Canon, the Sony comparison has been tiring and a bit vanilla to tell the truth. The Sony fanbois sound like they never snap any photos just regurgitate specs and maybe make a video or two.

Upvote 0