Nikon D800 Pictures - IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2012
Canon-F1 said:
i don´t know why this forum is called EOS BODIES.. when all the nikon stuff is posted here.

im not interested in reading about nikon when i visit the EOS BODIES forum....

Relax.

We've been discussing comparing the 5D3 and D800. This is all connected.

If you don't want to read it then simply skip this thread.

Upvote 0
K

KeithR

ramon123 said:
Relax.

We've been discussing comparing the 5D3 and D800. This is all connected.

If you don't want to read it then simply skip this thread.
Wrong answer - there's a sub forum for Third Parrty Manufacturers, and this post clearly belongs there.

It's not for you to dictate which threads we should or should not read, when you're posting in the wrong place.

Oh - and I'm really not that impressed by this example: it's not hard for a photographer to get his reflection in a bird's eye if he's close enough/has a long enough lens, and the IQ/sharpness is nothing special at all.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2011
KeithR said:
Wrong answer - there's a sub forum for Third Parrty Manufacturers, and this post clearly belongs there. blablablabla and blabla.
Hello there obvious fanboy. It is just too bad that the karma system is gone. You really need some smiting!

Now shut your pie hole and accept that people wish to talk and discuss about the D800, right here on the EOS board. After all, Canons new dinkytoy (5D2.5) got beaten pretty badly by Nikon's new supercamera, so it is only natural that people want to talk about it.

No offence and have a nice day.

Upvote 0
S

seekn

Ricku said:
KeithR said:
Wrong answer - there's a sub forum for Third Parrty Manufacturers, and this post clearly belongs there. blablablabla and blabla.
Hello there obvious fanboy. It is just too bad that the karma system is gone. You really need some smiting!

Now shut your pie hole and accept that people wish to talk and discuss about the D800, right here on the EOS board. After all, Canons new dinkytoy (5D2.5) got beaten pretty badly by Nikon's new supercamera, so it is only natural that people want to talk about it.

No offence and have a nice day.
Stop being a prick dude. And technically he is correct - you should place the right threads in the right forums. That's the reason they are there. If someone wants to read or discuss the nikon images they should go there to read it not the eos bodies forums. Simple enough logic.

Upvote 0
psolberg said:
Guys keep it civilized.

Why keep it civilized when we can egg a fight on. I for one will be in the back yelling.... Fight! Fight! Fight!......
Ah those were the days....

That is a good picture though. I really do wonder if Canon will release a MP monster. I had read in car forum I'm apart of that Canon had developed a 100MP sensor some time ago. Never used it in anything from what I can tell but it was interesting. Should see if I can find it...

Edit:
Not the official press release but http://www.dpreview.com/news/2010/8/24/canon120mpsensor

Upvote 0
joos said:
psolberg said:
Guys keep it civilized.

Why keep it civilized when we can egg a fight on. I for one will be in the back yelling.... Fight! Fight! Fight!......

That is a good picture though. I really do wonder if Canon will release a MP monster. I had read in car forum I'm apart of that Canon had developed a 100MP sensor some time ago. Never used it in anything from what I can tell but it was interesting. Should see if I can find it...

eventually they will, just as nikon will eventualy go past 36MP. Sony will without doubt have a higher MP body given they are the current king of production (versus technical prototype) high resolution dslr sensors. Their 24MP aps-c sensor can scale to over 56MP if it was full frame.

the point being is that who cares what tomorrow will bring. get what works best today and shoot.

Upvote 0
psolberg said:
joos said:
psolberg said:
Guys keep it civilized.

eventually they will, just as nikon will eventualy go past 36MP. Sony will without doubt have a higher MP body given they are the current king of production (versus technical prototype) high resolution dslr sensors. Their 24MP aps-c sensor can scale to over 56MP if it was full frame.

the point being is that who cares what tomorrow will bring. get what works best today and shoot.

What???? You don't care about tomorrow. That defies all logic and reasoning.... To the shackles with you!!!!
:p

Upvote 0
K

KeithR

Ricku said:
Ah, the amazing bravery generated by internet anonymity...

I've haven't got a fanboy bone in my body - I jumped from Nikon, having been a Nikon user for years, to Canon, when Nikon wasn't delivering any more - and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it was right for me.

But the facts are these: there's a forum for third party manufacturer discussions - you do understand that, I take it - and the D800 is from a third party manufacturer. You understand that too?

So - seriously - I fail to see what you find confusing or difficult to understand. I even typed it slowly so that the slow-off-the-mark would have time to take the message in...

Here are a handful of shots from my humble 7D/100-400mm combo:

shag_farnes_lr_9a.jpg

shag_farnes_lr_8a.jpg

shag_farnes_3.jpg

You - or Yunus - tell me, please: what exactly about the D800 shot am I supposed to be impressed by?

Upvote 0
S

seekn

The funny thing is you may or may not be able to see himself in the birds eye (I doubt it since he was using a 100-400) but really which is the better picture? Pretty obvious if you ask me. 800 is amazing resolution but you give up alot on maybe capturing that split second shot that you may have been able to capture with a 7D or mark iii.
Either way amazing shots Keith.

Upvote 0
@Ricku

This is unacceptable.
How old are you ??????
All of your topics are rude.
Admin block this user !!!

This Nikon Canon war is really becoming very very bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.