No weekend rumors ever??

Mar 25, 2011
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the rumors pop up non-stop M-F and then never, ever S-S?

I think that alone kinda gives tell to why so few rumors have any truth in them.

You seem to be very confused. What does the owner taking a weekend off to be with his family have to do with the accuracy of a rumor. Perhaps you should ask for a refund of the membership you paid?

If you think that the rumors are all lies, why do you read them, or even bother to post?

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the rumors pop up non-stop M-F and then never, ever S-S?

I think that alone kinda gives tell to why so few rumors have any truth in them.

You seem to be very confused. What does the owner taking a weekend off to be with his family have to do with the accuracy of a rumor. Perhaps you should ask for a refund of the membership you paid?

If you think that the rumors are all lies, why do you read them, or even bother to post?

+1
I know I treasure my weekends off and I'm pretty sure a lot of tedious behind the scenes stuff gets done on these days in any case
In addition to all these new (and exiting) ideas for the forum sections to mull over and work on
That's a lot to have on your plate
I'm sure at times he's thinking "I hope I haven't finally bit off more than I can chew"
I have nothing but respect for someone who can hold something like this together without going absolutely bonkers
McDonalds and Starbucks I can bitch about if they're closed on the weekends
Canon Rumors I can only applaud for it's class and dedication to its community

Upvote 0
LetTheRightLensIn said:

Well, if that is all it is then it's nothing. But I thought he had sometimes posted major stuff on weekends in years far past and has posted other types of stuff on the weekends at times, but it just seemed like no rumors stuff on the weekends for quite a while and that just seemed a bit strange, almost like the rumors are just being sent by randoms who get bored during work and make something up to send in here or paid shills to send out rumors to make other companies look bad or to build-up false expectations or something.

But if it is simply that he looks at no emails to do with this during the weekends, ever, no matter what, then yeah there is nothing to this at all and he just doesn't bother with this at all on weekends now (which is more than perfectly fine).

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
LetTheRightLensIn said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:

Well, if that is all it is then it's nothing. But I thought he had sometimes posted major stuff on weekends in years far past and has posted other types of stuff on the weekends at times, but it just seemed like no rumors stuff on the weekends for quite a while and that just seemed a bit strange, almost like the rumors are just being sent by randoms who get bored during work and make something up to send in here or paid shills to send out rumors to make other companies look bad or to build-up false expectations or something.

But if it is simply that he looks at no emails to do with this during the weekends, ever, no matter what, then yeah there is nothing to this at all and he just doesn't bother with this at all on weekends now (which is more than perfectly fine).

I apologize for the snarky comment.

CR guy is and has been dealing with the theft of his lenses being shipped thru Canada post. That kind of stress to see your business suddenly go to the point that you have to shut it down, at least temporarily, has to distract you. I'd suspect that he would take on volunteers to write articles on the weekends, I'm not talented as a writer of articles, or I'd try it. I sent him a offer to do a review article a couple of days ago, but he hasn't answered.

Upvote 0
While it can be a bit of a drag to find no new rumors waiting when you check the site, I think it is better to have fewer, more reliable rumors than lots and lots of unreliable ones delivered 24-7. Pretty soon they'd exhaust even the sketchiest of sources and the thinnest of rumors and we'd all be scrolling through a lot of stories about space aliens and Bigfoot out there beta testing new high MP sensors, etc...

Upvote 0
LetTheRightLensIn said:

More than "odd" is your whole premise. It's bizarre.

Weekend or weekday would seem to have no more correlation to truth than oatmeal or alcohol. And I have to wonder if one of those substances isn't involved here somehow.

I've seen rumors posted both on weekdays as well as weekends, but I've never seen rumors popping up "non-stop" at any time. What is being suggested is clearly not true, but at least have the courtesy to provide some facts. I'd be curious how many rumors over the past three years were posted on each day of the week. Enlighten me, please.

Upvote 0
Man, I didn't mean it to be an attack or complaint or even all that serious of a post.

I was just noticing that it seemed like no major rumors had been getting posted on Saturday or Sunday for a long time and that seemed, potentially odd, why should someone with good info never pass it along on a weekend and then I was wondering if maybe the good sources who used to leak way ahead of time were maybe all shut down and maybe it's mostly just bored trolls at work sending in random rumors from work during the weekdays or something.

I didn't do any careful study or anything, just a vague impression that could be invalid.

Anyway, definitely it was not meant as an attack or complaint or even anything to be taken all that seriously.

Upvote 0
LetTheRightLensIn said:
I was just noticing that it seemed like no major rumors had been getting posted on Saturday or Sunday for a long time and that seemed, potentially odd, why should someone with good info never pass it along on a weekend

It could be as simple as marketing -- if site traffic is low on weekends then a weekend-posted items (rumor, news, notice, etc) might not generate the same kind of traffic. The same reason why companies and politicians release bad news at 5:30 on Fridays.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Man, I didn't mean it to be an attack or complaint or even all that serious of a post.

I was just noticing that it seemed like no major rumors had been getting posted on Saturday or Sunday for a long time and that seemed, potentially odd, why should someone with good info never pass it along on a weekend and then I was wondering if maybe the good sources who used to leak way ahead of time were maybe all shut down and maybe it's mostly just bored trolls at work sending in random rumors from work during the weekdays or something.

I didn't do any careful study or anything, just a vague impression that could be invalid.

Anyway, definitely it was not meant as an attack or complaint or even anything to be taken all that seriously.

You are right. A couple of years back, I volunteered to post for CR guy while he was on a trip with long periods of no communication. I recall him saying that he took weekends off unless there was important news and I did not need to post on weekends. That's when I discovered that writing for a Blog site was not my strong point. It was not something I'd enjoy doing long term. He now has someone else who backs him up, but I'd do it if push came to shove.

Upvote 0