ON1 announces Photo RAW 2019.2, save 20% with our coupon code

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Portland, OR – January 29, 2019 – ON1, Inc announces that ON1 Photo RAW 2019.2, an all-new photo editing experience and a free update to ON1 Photo RAW 2019, is available today. ON1 Photo RAW 2019.2 includes a powerful new masking feature that leverages AI for generating masks as well as performance enhancements and new camera support.
Key ON1 Photo RAW 2019.2 Details:

NEW AI Quick Mask Tool — Powered by machine learning, the new AI Quick Mask tool can create high-quality masks with just a few strokes as guidance while understanding color, tone, and textures to identify boundaries and create a detailed mask in a fraction of the time compared to other masking techniques
Performance Enhancements
Added support for cameras
Other bug fixes and performance enhancements

Use coupon code CANONRUMORS during checkout to save 20% on either the...
Continue reading...

cayenne

EOR R
Mar 28, 2012
I just upgraded...but, haven't had time to look around to see what's new in the .2 version.

I hope to do some this weekend in it....

cayenne

Reactions: Canon Rumors Guy

snappy604

EOS RP
Jan 25, 2017
tried the AI masking, seems decent enough. Its nice to have the feature, but still find the haven't done much to control the noise on the blue band for the 80d :-/ doesn't seem like it was controlled in this version either.

cayenne

EOR R
Mar 28, 2012
tried the AI masking, seems decent enough. Its nice to have the feature, but still find the haven't done much to control the noise on the blue band for the 80d :-/ doesn't seem like it was controlled in this version either.
Can you explain a bit more on your problem? I'm not sure I understand...

You're trying to correct a noise problem your camera has with On1 Software?

Thanks in advance,

C

snappy604

EOS RP
Jan 25, 2017
Can you explain a bit more on your problem? I'm not sure I understand...

You're trying to correct a noise problem your camera has with On1 Software?

Thanks in advance,

C

mentioned it in another thread. At least with the 80d, it seems to have issues processing blue skies and the color profiles for the cameras tend to be innacurate. Their noise control is rather inconsistent, most strikingly with blue skies (at least with the 80d RAWs in win7)

I've played with canon's DPP, LR 6, Affinity Photo and they have quite decent control on the 80D's noise, but On1 2018.5, 2019, 2019.1 and now 2019.2 still seem inconsistent. Unfortunately it's a bit of a deal breaker for me and I can't fully switch to it as my primary processor or a replacement for LR yet. I have to regulate it to a niche product for now. It bums me out because some of their features are really good (esp controls via masking), but noise control is fundamental to me.