ON1 Photo RAW 2019 – An All-New Photo Editing Experience Now Available

Durf

Picture Taker - Image Maker
OH, that's interesting!!
Please update us on how your problem gets resolved!!

I had to jump through some hoops in preparation for upgrading OS X so that I can use On1 RAW 2019......(backups and such)....

I hope to upgrade today and give it a try later this afternoon.

C
They are aware of the issue with export and hopefully will have a fix/patch for it with the next update. It seems to be exporting a bit better from being in browse rather than develop etc. Still slow like it was in PR2018 but working none the less. Seems to be a few other little bugs here and there but once they dial PR2019 in it's going to be quite an awesome program. Some people are not having issues at all but of course I am!!! LOL figures! ;)

cayenne

EOS 7D Mark II
Mar 28, 2012
The issue isn't processing PSD files, it's editing them. Until there is a viable alternative to PS (that graphics artists accept), I'm pretty much stuck with PhotoShop. A simple example of what a customer will want is the subject cut out and supplied against a transparent background. Of course, you can just supply this in PNG, but if a client wants it in PSD, photoshop is just a better tool (usually).

It is kind of like AI vs CDR. I far prefer Corel, but, whatever... if isn't worth the effort to protest. Just give 'em what they want.
I use Affinity Photo as my Photoshop replacement...it works with PSDs.

They have a free trial, give it a look!!

Right now, I"m using AP and On1 as my PS/LR replacement......and no *rental* of the software.

Durf

Picture Taker - Image Maker
I use Affinity Photo as my Photoshop replacement...it works with PSDs.

They have a free trial, give it a look!!

Right now, I"m using AP and On1 as my PS/LR replacement......and no *rental* of the software.
I've also been trying to use Affinity with ON1 and for me I just do not like switching programs mid edit, I totally prefer just using one program.
It's looking like ON1 2019's new layers workflow may just allow me to forget all about Affinity once and for all.....

I'm not a pro nor really do much extreme photoshop type of edits but I think PR2019 can handle it all for me now. PR2018 was pretty much all I needed but 2019 looks even more capable for an Adobe Photoshop replacement for us serious but non-pro photographers (even certain pro's can get by with ON1 2019 in my opinion).

I think I'm finally done using more than one program and going to use PR2019 for everything now. If I run in to something it can't do, oh well, I just won't do it ;)

cayenne

EOS 7D Mark II
Mar 28, 2012
I've also been trying to use Affinity with ON1 and for me I just do not like switching programs mid edit, I totally prefer just using one program.
It's looking like ON1 2019's new layers workflow may just allow me to forget all about Affinity once and for all.....

I'm not a pro nor really do much extreme photoshop type of edits but I think PR2019 can handle it all for me now. PR2018 was pretty much all I needed but 2019 looks even more capable for an Adobe Photoshop replacement for us serious but non-pro photographers (even certain pro's can get by with ON1 2019 in my opinion).

I think I'm finally done using more than one program and going to use PR2019 for everything now. If I run in to something it can't do, oh well, I just won't do it ;)
I"m treating On1 RAW much like I treated LR.

I use it for probably 98% of all my needs. I use Affinity Photo like I used PS....for really heavy lifting....for extreme compositing, or really delicate cutting out/masking (like fine hair, etc).....

Now, if you do use PS/LR, it is a bit more smooth going between the two, especially since you can do smart objects in PS that hook directly back into the RAW files in LR with the develop settings.

And I've found that On1 does work pretty good with panos, but I've had some that just wouldn't work there and I had to use the more powerful Affinity Photo engine for some tough panos and focus stacking.

But again....I use AP like I used PS...msotly just for projects that really need heavy lifting......but for most 'normal' image processing, I can use On1 which is the same role I used LR.

Just my $0.02,

Cayenne