Online snapshot printing: What are good resources?

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hi all,

I've been putting together shots I took with my folks for last Xmas (yes, I"m way behind).

And I was thinking that my parents would appreciate me sending them regular sized snapshot prints, much like I did back in the film days, where you'd mail off the negative and you'd get a set of double prints back.

I think the size was something like 4x6 or something?

This isn't wall art, and just something for them to look at, take and show friends, etc....

Can anyone recommend a good online service for this where I can send my developed jpgs and have them mail the prints of these to their address?

Thanks in advance!!!

cayenne

Old Sarge

CR Pro
Nov 6, 2012
stevelee said:
My cousin's daughter in Seattle uses Walgreens for something like that. I think maybe she gives them the files out there, and they print them off at the store near my cousin's house, but I'm not sure. It might be worth checking the online presence of drug store chains near your folks.
I take a lot of pictures of family events and my wife likes to share prints with the less technically inclined, which includes our generation and one immediately below it....even the third generation enjoys prints sometimes. We use the local Walgreens. I sent the files online and an hour or so later we can pick them up. But we could order online and have them mailed it if they were all going to one address.

The quality is adequate for 4x6 or 5x7 prints or some novelty items. If I want something to hang on the wall, a rare event, I either us a local camera store which does real nice work or look for more professional online services.

Upvote 0

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
cayenne said:
Hi all,

I've been putting together shots I took with my folks for last Xmas (yes, I"m way behind).

And I was thinking that my parents would appreciate me sending them regular sized snapshot prints, much like I did back in the film days, where you'd mail off the negative and you'd get a set of double prints back.

This isn't wall art, and just something for them to look at, take and show friends, etc....

Can anyone recommend a good online service for this where I can send my developed jpgs and have them mail the prints of these to their address?

Thanks in advance!!!

cayenne

well I use the canon selphy 1200 printing cost is slightly high at 32 cents each but 4x6 prints are wonderful.

joe

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Hmm...ok.

I know you can manually walk to Walgreens or Wally World....and drop off and pick up for prints, but I was hoping to upload online, and have them snail mail the prints to Mom's house.

I'll check with W and W to see if they do that all online, but I had assumed that places that do wall prints might do smaller ones completely online too....

Thanks...I'll check those two out, but if anyone comes up with other online resources for this, please post up here!!

:)

Thank you,

cayenne

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
cayenne said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!!

cayenne
For this I have used Snapfish. They always have deals going on and CS is good. Other option is mpix.com

Ray

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
ray5 said:
cayenne said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!!

cayenne
For this I have used Snapfish. They always have deals going on and CS is good. Other option is mpix.com

Ray

Thank you Ray!!

I"ll give those a look!!!

C

Upvote 0
I also use Snapfish for inexpensive prints with pretty decent quality. Their prices can be ridiculously good when they have sales. For when I want it *right*, though, I use AdoramaPix. They are a bit more expensive for 4x6" prints, but they have calibrated printers with downloadable profiles and the option to have them not do color correction.

Also, be careful of local printing kiosks - I had a bad experience at my local CVS: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=32641.msg665084#msg665084

Upvote 0