Orange flashing boarder and lost posts

Jan 29, 2011
Hi all, on my iPad I get a three sided orange boarder that grows on the screen then retreats. It just does it once every now and again and only on my iPad not my laptop. I wondered if anybody else had this and what, if anything, it means.

Also, I have lost literally thousands of posts, I was close to 10,000 posts three or four years ago and even now am back below 9,000 again also when I search my own posts for things I know I have posted in the past they don’t come up. Has anybody else lost a lot of posts?

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi PBD.
I have not witnessed the flashing border, and I only ever read the forum on my iPad, no idea if I’ve lost posts, I haven’t a clue how many I should have, or for that matter what number I’m about to post!
Has your forum appointed ranking taken a hit or are we no longer appointed camera gear?

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Hi all, on my iPad I get a three sided orange boarder that grows on the screen then retreats. It just does it once every now and again and only on my iPad not my laptop. I wondered if anybody else had this and what, if anything, it means.

Also, I have lost literally thousands of posts, I was close to 10,000 posts three or four years ago and even now am back below 9,000 again also when I search my own posts for things I know I have posted in the past they don’t come up. Has anybody else lost a lot of posts?
@privatebydesign - all those posts where you point out that you don't need the latest and greatest equipment to make stunning images, or that you can take a correctly exposed picture without having spot meter linked to AF point etc etc have simply been deleted. No need to worry ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
@privatebydesign - all those posts where you point out that you don't need the latest and greatest equipment to make stunning images, or that you can take a correctly exposed picture without having spot meter linked to AF point etc etc have simply been deleted. No need to worry ;)
Ah, good point. i accept that if there was a value attached to my posts I’d definitely be less than 1:1, although judging by some posters they’d be in a negative number yet they don’t cease to exist :)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Ah, good point. i accept that if there was a value attached to my posts I’d definitely be less than 1:1, although judging by some posters they’d be in a negative number yet they don’t cease to exist :)
Life’s never fair !

Seriously though your posts are always informative, often providing educational links, so it is annoying if many have just disappeared. Maybe admin for shed some light on it ?

I don’t see orange glowing boarders on my iPad when viewing CR, but then I lead a fairly steady, sheltered life over here in England ;)

Upvote 0