beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
i am getting into printing and the papers I have tried in cannon glossy 2 and Moab cotton and metallic slick 300 in trial packs right now I am using a canon mx922 printer. with 5 inks.

but I am looking at the canon 10 and pro 1 printer for large prints. I like Moab papers but dose these printer print best with the canon branded papers? or is there better paper then both?

Joe

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
beforeEos Camaras said:
but I am looking at the canon 10 and pro 1 printer for large prints. I like Moab papers but dose these printer print best with the canon branded papers? or is there better paper then both?

They will work well with any paper you like (as long as they are for inkjet printers). Both can be profiled (with the supplied software, or a third party one - you need a profiling device, though) to achieve the best results, if you're unsatisfied with the paper manufacturer supplied profiles, or there are no profiles.

Many high-end paper manufacturers don't make printers, so they design their papers to work on available printers, and will usually supply required settings and profiles, especially for "professional" printers, and the Pixma Pro are in this category (see for example https://www.moabpaper.com/icc-profiles-downloads/).

Also, these same manufacturers may supply the printer branded papers - AFAIK Canon doesn't run a paper mill too :) Of course out of the box printers come with profiles and settings for their own branded paper, but it's not difficult to find settings and profiles for other papers, and add them.

Creating personal profiles may be a bit more challenging, and require additional hardware.

Upvote 0

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
Take a look at the Red River line of papers. www.redrivercatalog.com
They have good quality papers at good prices. Also they have profiles for their papers on many popular printers. I've used several of their products and find them very good. They have a lot of technical help on their web site too. I have no affiliation with the company.

Upvote 0