Participant grading

May 17, 2013
It seems as if there is a bit of a gap from being classified as a 1Dx user to a CR Geek. There could be another grade with maybe something like a C500 for over 5000 posts then for the next step say over 10000 posts you could add the CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 LS. When you get to over 20000 posts then it may be appropriate to classify as a CR Geek but one does not want to jump into these sort of decisions lightly. Awarding Geek status to anyone is a serious matter. Think of the harm it could cause.

What happens when ones partner finds out you spend so much time at CR?
What if one has not got a partner and spends so much time on CR that there is no time left to find a partner?
What if whilst on CR, one finds out where to buy a 1000mm lens so they could peek at the neighbour whose window is not that far away and who is very hot?

There are lots of problems associated with being a Geek and hopefully there are a variety of agencies who are equipped with handling the fallout from the problems CR Geek status could cause.

Fantastic as CR is, and I do mean that sincerely, I would hate to think it caused problems for its participants.

;D

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
I added several new user groups today in order to even up numbers of members in the groups, and break out the high posting members a bit finer.

I apologize if your group changed to something you don't like, its all a compromise.

Those with over 2000 posts now have a big white user group name, except for the CR Geek Category, which was indeed a private joke. I don't think anyone can catch him unless I cheat and give myself 1,000,000 posts ;)

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
Mt Spokane Photography said:
RustyTheGeek said:
Far as I can tell, everyone's name is still the same color RED so we're all still equal on a pretty fundamental level, eh? ;)

Except for the Black Sheep who have left the group without removing their posts. Their name is colored Black. ;)

Hi Mt Spokane Photography,

Look forward to seeing you becoming the 2nd CR Geek.

:D

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
Menace said:
RustyTheGeek said:
Far as I can tell, everyone's name is still the same color RED so we're all still equal on a pretty fundamental level, eh? ;)

Except for the Black Sheep who have left the group without removing their posts. Their name is colored Black. ;)

I think the bar will be raised before that ;)

Upvote 0

Menace

New Zealand
Apr 5, 2012
New Zealand
CR Backup Admin said:
Menace said:
RustyTheGeek said:

I think the bar will be raised before that ;)

I wonder what you have up your sleeve?

Upvote 0