It is not. None of us has the right to claim that your or my or another persepective of this is the truth or not.... It is as clear as day that the Canon guy is saying EOS R = FF. EOS M = APS-C. ...
- if you read again what Craig said about this interview,
- if you combine it with his [CR2] source, that there will/could be an APS-C EOS R body,
- if you understand that this quote of the interview is not about what will be made or not, but about physical dimensions
- if you understand that there is a relevant piece of market an EOS M cannot cover
- if you understand that Canon is about running a company caring about gaining/keeping markets
Not more, not less. And this is, what it's all about.