Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Not only was the M50 the first M camera to record in 4k, but it was the first APS-C camera Canon released to record in 4k. That's strong enough evidence for me to say that the successor "maybe even" has IBIS.
Yes. Canon tends to have new tech trickle up, rather than down. Examples: DPAF, Articulated screens, mirrorless, 4k, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

epic.one

EOS M5 | Sony A7
Jan 26, 2019
Johannesburg
Canonrumors, you’ve mentioned a few times that “Canon” has told you twice that the M6 Mark II replaces the M5, but I’ve never seen an independent post with the details of those notifications. Who told you? When? What context? I have doubts that Canon would a) have conclusively made that decision, and b) communicated such a decision in this haphazard way. If some rep at Best Buy said that, I would give it zero credit. What seems clear to me is that Canon, instead of pretending like the M5 is still the flagship, has made clear that the M6II is the flagship at this point (it is the best M ever by a long shot and I’ve shot on everything except the M3 and M6). I expect an M5II or an equivalent fully integrated top end body (M1X?) by the end of 2020. The M6II has too many compromises that are unnecessary in the actual flagship M, given the unique mount, limited lens selection, and market orientation of the M system.
THIS!
I also don't buy the "there will be no M5MkII story unless we hear it from Canon themselves instead of "chatter".

I would also agree that that an M5MkII will launch before the end of 2020 with a slightly bigger body and grip, better (and fixed) EVF, as well as a 52mm-ish prime for portraits and one of the rumoured standard zooms in f/4-5.6 flavour.

Upvote 0