Patent: Panning Assist Using Image Stabilization

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><a href="http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/canon-camera-rumours-and-info/">Northlight</a> has uncovered a <a href="http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&docid=20180103207">USPTO</a> patent that discusses using image stabilization to compensate for panning errors.</p>
<p><strong>Northlight explains:</strong></p>
<blockquote><p>The idea is to use the IS system to compensate for panning errors as well as camera shake. This needs movement vectors calculating for the whole image area.</p></blockquote>
<p>This is definitely an interesting idea and use of existing IS technology.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Mar 25, 2011
CanonFanBoy said:
neuroanatomist said:
Sounds innovative. Are you sure the patent was filed by Canon?

;) ::)

Yeah, but that's so yesterday. What has Canon done today?

You'll have to wait for two years until the patents are published.

Its like a time machine, but you can only view the past.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
KeithBreazeal said:
This is the concept I discussed with Chuck Westfall a few years ago. The basis for the idea came at the Reno Air Races where I am at the pylons with planes within 100' at 500 mph. The keeper rate is less than 10%.

Reno 2015 VooDoo pylon 6714 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Keith, is there a fire pole to slide down if it looks like a racer is going to strike the pylon? Serious and kidding at the same time. Bet it can be scary at times.

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
KeithBreazeal said:
This is the concept I discussed with Chuck Westfall a few years ago. The basis for the idea came at the Reno Air Races where I am at the pylons with planes within 100' at 500 mph. The keeper rate is less than 10%.

Reno 2015 VooDoo pylon 6714 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Keith, is there a fire pole to slide down if it looks like a racer is going to strike the pylon? Serious and kidding at the same time. Bet it can be scary at times.

We have to sign a waiver that includes possible death. There is nowhere to take cover- flat desert. Sometimes the planes get a bit close- that point where you take your eye from the viewfinder.

Reno 2015 Lee Oman T-6 tight 5494 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0