People at work

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
AcutancePhotography said:
Don Haines said:
Serious question: Have you had any bad experiences taking pictures of people working? I imagine that some workers might object.
I have never had a problem photographing people.... you ask first :) If they say yes, go for it!, if they say no, just say thanks and move on....

I always like to ask first. I know that I don't like it when people take my picture with out letting me know, so I assume other people may not like it too.

Of course these days, if you take a picture of a person you are automatically a stalker/creep and if you take a picture of a building/structure you are a terrorist. (facepalm)

If the workers are in a public place, or visible from a public place and you are not trespassing in any way...you can take all the photos you want..whether they like it or not! :) At least that is the law.
Most police don't know this either. (oh..big surprise there)...and the there is nothing in the Patriot Act or Homeland Security that takes that right away from me as an American Citizen. As soon as a cop approaches an artist and tells him to stop, the terrorists have won by instilling FEAR and taking away are democratic rights, which is why it was so great to live here in the first place????? 8) 8) 8) Everybody needs to get on the page....

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2014
infared said:
Don Haines said:
Serious question: Have you had any bad experiences taking pictures of people working? I imagine that some workers might object.
I have never had a problem photographing people.... you ask first :) If they say yes, go for it!, if they say no, just say thanks and move on....

I always like to ask first. I know that I don't like it when people take my picture with out letting me know, so I assume other people may not like it too.

Of course these days, if you take a picture of a person you are automatically a stalker/creep and if you take a picture of a building/structure you are a terrorist. (facepalm)

If the workers are in a public place, or visible from a public place and you are not trespassing in any way...you can take all the photos you want..whether they like it or not! :) At least that is the law.
Most police don't know this either. (oh..big surprise there)...and the there is nothing in the Patriot Act or Homeland Security that takes that right away from me as an American Citizen. As soon as a cop approaches an artist and tells him to stop, the terrorists have won by instilling FEAR and taking away are democratic rights, which is why it was so great to live here in the first place????? 8) 8) 8) Everybody needs to get on the page....

Great way to get your camera chopped in half and a black eye. Taking pictures of someone after they told you to stop is rude. Police and civil liberties are another matter, but harassing someone trying to get a job done is not cool.

Upvote 0