Photoflex Closes Doors

FTb-n

Canonet QL17 GIII
Sep 22, 2012
St. Paul, MN
2mittsphotog said:
That would explain the "discontinued" notice on some of their products at B&H. I bought their Transpac single light case on super sale at Adorama the other day, probably clearing inventory. Hope they're just re-organizing, would be a shame to lose them.
I had my eye on the same case and noticed it was listed as discontinued on B&H last week. I have many of their umbrellas, reflector fabrics, stands, and a small softbox. Best umbrellas that I've found and at reasonable prices. Also, my best stands (but, not so cheap). They also offered great service. It would be a shame to lose them.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Just echoing some of the comments here. I found their medium weight light stands and their backdrop kit to be very good quality – very sturdy for the money. Same was true for their light modifiers. Plus they had a great blog/newsletter on lighting tips.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
A victim to low cost Chinese Imports. As Chinese products get to be better quality, it going to happen more and more.

I have a fair amount of photoflex products, they are definitely good quality compared to the cheap import stuff.

I predict that the name will be bought by a investment company, and tacked onto Chinese Imports. That's the usual route.

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
Mt Spokane Photography said:
A victim to low cost Chinese Imports. As Chinese products get to be better quality, it going to happen more and more...
The April 1 timing gave me momentary hope. But yes, they're almost certainly a victim of low cost Chinese imports. My Photoflex lighting accessories were such a welcome breath of fresh air in the quality department. They replaced annoying, low cost, easily broken Chinese imports. So with Photoflex gone, I hope the void is filled with better quality imports. They are improving steadily.

-pw

Upvote 0