Photography websites. Where are you posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my photos that I post are on Flickr. Only a few are on 500px, but that's only because I don't want to post in several different places. I post my extra favorites to 500px for more exposure, but even then its few and far between.

I recently read that there is quite a community on Google+ of all places.

Upvote 0
I'm also of the opinion that Flickr is better for putting up sets of photos (family vacations, photoshoot samples, etc). I have not interacted too much with the Flickr community so I can't comment on how constructive the criticism is.

I recently started posting on 500px (http://500px.com/VasilisArgyropoulos) and although the vast majority of comments/votes/"faves" are made with an anticipation of a reciprocal vote, I have received enough honest feedback that it has helped me improve my skills. I am not crazy about the anonymous "dislikes" since I have seen amazing photos getting flagged with dislikes just so that their scores would lower and bump the photo down the ranks.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why you've chosen vk.com, as its main audience is Russian-speaking, and most of registered people are teenagers. The reason it works for me is that I live in the area and I'm a wedding photographer, so it's about time for some of them to get marry ;)

I believe that every photography-related community has specific photography segment that it may be mainly specialized at. So it's up to us to identify what fits our needs :)

Upvote 0
nightbreath said:
I'm not sure why you've chosen vk.com, as its main audience is Russian-speaking, and most of registered people are teenagers. The reason it works for me is that I live in the area and I'm a wedding photographer, so it's about time for some of them to get marry ;)

I believe that every photography-related community has specific photography segment that it may be mainly specialized at. So it's up to us to identify what fits our needs :)

Simple, my girlfriend is from Ukraine :) (ZP)
VK has a great English translation so language isn't a problem and the site in general is light years better (for our taste) than fb.

Not sure about that user info.. according to their data: Audience
Over 190 million users are registered on the site.
Around 2 500 000 000 pages are opened daily (LiveInternet).
Around 67% of visitors live in Russia (LiveInternet).
More than 70% of users are over 25 years old (comScore).

Love your work.

Upvote 0
picturesbyme said:
Simple, my girlfriend is from Ukraine :) (ZP)
VK has a great English translation so language isn't a problem and the site in general is light years better (for our taste) than fb.

Not sure about that user info.. according to their data: Audience
Over 190 million users are registered on the site.
Around 2 500 000 000 pages are opened daily (LiveInternet).
Around 67% of visitors live in Russia (LiveInternet).
More than 70% of users are over 25 years old (comScore).

Love your work.
We're from DP, 2 hours away :)

As for VK, I feel that people over 25 don't visit the web-site that often, compared to younger people. Audience is interested in something extraordinary these days, so to please them pictures should really stand out of the crowd.

We've got interesting results during this year wedding season, so I'll add you to my friends list in VK to share those as soon as we have time to upload them ;)

You have very nice works too, but I believe there's always room for personal growth :)

Upvote 0
I find that facebook is a good place to post photos I want to share with family, friends, and bands I shoot, and many of them follow me on facebook.

Bands don't follow me, but when tagged in the photos, they do notice it. The fans do to, and often tag themselves when in the frame.

I haven't posted photos on any site of the kind mentioned in the thread, but will probably do so in the near future.

Upvote 0
Ellen Schmidtee said:
I find that facebook is a good place to post photos I want to share with family, friends, and bands I shoot, and.....

I've removed all my photos from facebook. I found it's too easy to steal from facebook and had issues with a "friend" who had copied some of my photos and posted them on her page and presented them as if she had taken them. All without my consent and no credit given. The security settings on my Photoshop.com albums are set to prevent copying and printing.

Upvote 0
Waterloo said:
I've removed all my photos from facebook. I found it's too easy to steal from facebook and had issues with a "friend" who had copied some of my photos and posted them on her page and presented them as if she had taken them. All without my consent and no credit given. The security settings on my Photoshop.com albums are set to prevent copying and printing.
There's no way you can prevent copying and printing on internet. I'm familiar with dozen ways to protect your image and none of them work if someone is a professional in web-technologies.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.