• 24 MP, "usable" ISO up to 1600, 6 FPS

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 16 MP, "usable" ISO up to 6400, 9 FPS

Votes: 116 92.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
unfocused said:
RGF said:
The thing I learned, perhaps Canon knows this too, that the people who answered this poll (which may be the potential buying public for this body) want better low light capability and higher FPS.

Well, the potential buying public needs to be more than 79 people.

Actually, I've always argued that the potential buying public for the 7DII will fall into about four intersecting categories:

Current 7D owners who are basically happy with the camera and are seeking some marginal improvements in all areas – essentially an APS-C version of the 5DIII with image quality equal to or better than the final generation of APS-H sensor;

Current 60D owners who are tired of the compromises and ready to step-up to the flagship APS-C model;

Sports and wildlife shooters who want the reach of APS-C, but also want a high frame rate, improved autofocus and improved image quality at higher ISOs;

Full frame shooters who want the additional flexibility of an APS-C body as a second body.

All of these markets can be satisfied with incremental improvements in what remains the best APS-C camera made even four years after its introduction.

And is our make up much different that these four groups (other than we are quite vocal)?

Upvote 0

cellomaster27

Capture the moment!
Jun 3, 2013
San Jose - CA
Soooo, now that the 70D is known to come with a 20.2 mp sensor, that changes the future make up of the 7D mark ii. :D I honestly think that anything below 18 is out of the picture. Especially 16. If they come out with a newer 18mp sensor and a faster fps and better iso performance with a newer digic processor, it's a winner. Remember, the amazing 1D x is 18 mp. If the 7D mark ii comes with a 20.2 mp sensor or something else, that's okay too. Fps wise, the 70D will have 7fps.. The new 7D has got to have more.. I'd say around 10. But that's me. Ill stop blabbing. I think I'm just too excited. ;D

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Dick said:
I don't like those options at all.

ISO 6400 is not really usable on 5D3, so on 7D2? Not gonna happen... I guess this comes down to the definition of "usable". My shooting style is to avoid high ISOs especially when it's dark.

Then the slow burst rate combined with the higher mega pickles... What's the point? Well, if it's a macro only camera then yeah, I'd go with this options just to get more room for additional cropping.

Megapickles? ROFL. Best typo ever.

Why do you say 5d3 not usable at 6400...there's been some truly awesome example online at even 12800 (or am i thinking the 6d?)

?

Upvote 0
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

ISO 6400 is not really usable on 5D3, so on 7D2? Not gonna happen... I guess this comes down to the definition of "usable". My shooting style is to avoid high ISOs especially when it's dark.

Then the slow burst rate combined with the higher mega pickles... What's the point? Well, if it's a macro only camera then yeah, I'd go with this options just to get more room for additional cropping.

Why do you say 5d3 not usable at 6400...there's been some truly awesome example online at even 12800 (or am i thinking the 6d?)

?
From both the mk3 and the 6d...the 6d has a slight edge at higher ISO's but not by much. My guess is that this comment is from someone who likes to work in the lowest ISO's possible. To each their own, I have no problem with either the mk3 or the 6d at or above 6400

Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?
I've had no issues with my 5d mkIII shooting very usable images at iso 6400 and highter...

Upvote 0
Wide range ISO, great sensor performance, dual card slots (CF, SD who cares?), FPS - again, who cares? If you're into sports it matters…for the rest of us, it's image quality, not FPS. Until Canon delivers a camera worth ditching my 30D (or 10S film camera for that matter), I'm staying put. CANON, make me proud! Give me something worth trading up for!

Upvote 0

ecka

Size Matters!
Apr 5, 2011
Europe
www.flickr.com
Roadtrip said:
Wide range ISO, great sensor performance, dual card slots (CF, SD who cares?), FPS - again, who cares? If you're into sports it matters…for the rest of us, it's image quality, not FPS. Until Canon delivers a camera worth ditching my 30D (or 10S film camera for that matter), I'm staying put. CANON, make me proud! Give me something worth trading up for!

If you care about image quality that much, then you shouldn't look at crop sensor cameras.

Upvote 0
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?
I've had no issues with my 5d mkIII shooting very usable images at iso 6400 and highter...

I like mega pickles too...but as to the best typo, go check the 70d spec topic...feature number 3!

the OP edited the typo out, but it is preserved via insert quote ;D

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. Solid body, similiar to 5D III
3. wife etc
4. ISO same as rumor 70D or a bit better
5. Sensor technology same as 1D X or 5D III - crop size with Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
6. More poweful battery

Wow, that's quite a feature... ;D

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Alejandro Calori said:
¿How about this?

20.2 CMOS
Dual Digic 5+
14 fps
Dual CF Cards
etc, etc, etc.
I like your specs but I believe not all are realistic.

20.2 CMOS YES
Dual Digic 5+ YES
14 fps NO 10fps probably (just like 7D fps rate was less than 1D4's)
Dual CF Cards NO either one or 1CF and 1SD (it will not equal 1DX)

Still, nice specs...

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Chuck Alaimo said:
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?

I like mega pickles too...but as to the best typo, go check the 70d spec topic...feature number 3!

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. wife etc
5. Sensor technology same as 1D X or 5D III - crop size with Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
6. More poweful battery

Will this "feature" be the same in all continents or they will be variations depending whether the model is sold, like Japan, EU or USA? ;D ;D ;D

(Just like Kiss/Rebel/ etc...)

Upvote 0

Krob78

Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
tron said:
Chuck Alaimo said:
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. wife etc
6. More poweful battery

Will this "feature" be the same in all continents or they will be variations depending whether the model is sold, like Japan, EU or USA? ;D ;D ;D

Could be the new feature make cause some folks to order their new cameras as "grey market"... :D

Upvote 0
tron said:
Chuck Alaimo said:
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. wife etc
6. More poweful battery

LOL...possibly...i am a little worried about how they will store these, I mean, gotta be exepensive to maintain the wife feature....lol

Upvote 0

Krob78

Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
garyknrd said:
So far the 7DII is vapor ware..... :'( I personally do not see it ever making it to market. Hope I am wrong. We will see. But I aint waiting on it anymore for sure.
Why not? I think Don Haines mentioned that even Canon said the 7D MkII would be a "game changer"?

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Krob78 said:
tron said:
Chuck Alaimo said:
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. wife etc
6. More poweful battery

Could be the new feature make cause some folks to order their new cameras as "grey market"... :D
Or even get multiple bodies (for redundancy of course) ;D

Upvote 0

Krob78

Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
tron said:
Krob78 said:
tron said:
Chuck Alaimo said:
Krob78 said:
ashmadux said:
Dick said:

?

alan_k said:
Dylan777 said:
My 2cents for 7D II:

1. 1D X AF system
2. 10fps
3. wife etc
6. More poweful battery

Or even get multiple bodies (for redundancy of course) ;D
One should always have a backup body... or two... ;D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.