Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

bhf3737

---
Sep 9, 2015
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
You're down in quantum physics; you cannot observe anything without affecting it ;) Your camera is radiating heat!!
Very nice shot! I've never seen that kind of lettuce-like structure before
Thanks! Those shapes form only in extreme cold (-30C and below) under certain conditions. I tried to replicate it in higher temperatures (-15 to -20C), but everything shows up as rectangular or hexagonal crystals.

Erik X

EOS RP
Jul 26, 2013
Sweden
Thanks for the appreciation, Graham, bluediablo and DSP

Landing on ice seems to be a tricky maneuver, swans obviously don't like skidding around so they try to slow down to zero ground speed before touchdown.
I've seen ducks land on wet ice, they simply skip lowering the landing gear and make a belly-landing instead. During "roll-out" they start rotating, if you have ever been watching curling, you know the principle :p
And I don't have a clue why the Flickr links does not work today.. :unsure: I did exactly as I use to..
Edit: Picking up links in flickr with "Embed" seems to give a proper clickable link but "BBCode" no longer does.. Why?

F36A4603_DxO_full
F36A4603_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

F36A4605_DxO_full
F36A4605_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

F36A4611_DxO_full
F36A4611_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: Dantana and Click

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Landing on ice seems to be a tricky maneuver, swans obviously don't like skidding around so they try to slow down to zero ground speed before touchdown.
I've seen ducks land on wet ice, they simply skip lowering the landing gear and make a belly-landing instead. During "roll-out" they start rotating, if you have ever been watching curling, you know the principle :p
No ABS or Anti--Skid

Very nice series.

Reactions: Erik X