POLAR LIGHTS

It is an iceberg. but not a big one compared to the ones in Ilulissat.

Valvebounce said:
Hi Amaroc.
Superb, truly awe inspiring. Is that an iceberg? I think it really raises this shot to a whole other level.

Cheers, Graham.

Amaroc_GL said:
Taken about a week ago. Shot with 24mm 1.4L II

Aurora Borealis. by EightysixNuuk, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2015
Hi Amaroc!

Did nobody tell you that you should blow the candles out on your birthday cake and not putting the sky on fire with them? ;D ;D

Happy birthday to you, too!

Unfortunately, I cannot go to any northern country this year. I just have to go to Cuba for holiday reasons... :)
But when I check the Tromso northern light predictions I would just like to book the next flight to Norway. It must be incredible with all those lights these days!

These are memories of my last trip to Sweden/Norway:

Attachments

• 03lofo210.JPG
    03lofo210.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 505_9520.JPG
    505_9520.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 501_5426c.jpg
    501_5426c.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 476
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Snowleo.
Three lovely shots, all too nice to want to pick a favourite.

Cheers, Graham.

snowleo said:
Hi Amaroc!

Did nobody tell you that you should blow the candles out on your birthday cake and not putting the sky on fire with them? ;D ;D

Happy birthday to you, too!

Unfortunately, I cannot go to any northern country this year. I just have to go to Cuba for holiday reasons... :)
But when I check the Tromso northern light predictions I would just like to book the next flight to Norway. It must be incredible with all those lights these days!

These are memories of my last trip to Sweden/Norway:

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
This was shot on the 31-8-19 from Hobart, Tasmania. We are too far north to be positioned under the auroral oval but still get a good show during a strong aurora. We reached a local k-index of 6 at the peak of this one. Luckily the total cloud cover clear e d for an hour or two during the event.IMG_20190905_130319_256.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0