Polarizing filter for Zeiss 15mm f2.8

Eldar, I'd be interested to see the results of a CPL on the Zeiss 15mm. I had considered one for mine, but I've read and am aware of the effect of a PL on a UWA lens with broad sky (uneven darkening due to polarized light). I would be interested in one for foliage/water pic's where I think it would help with the unwanted reflections. Personally, I'd probably buy the Zeiss CPL, seeing I spent so much on the lens in the first place ;)

Upvote 0
Mr Bean said:
Eldar, I'd be interested to see the results of a CPL on the Zeiss 15mm. I had considered one for mine, but I've read and am aware of the effect of a PL on a UWA lens with broad sky (uneven darkening due to polarized light). I would be interested in one for foliage/water pic's where I think it would help with the unwanted reflections. Personally, I'd probably buy the Zeiss CPL, seeing I spent so much on the lens in the first place ;)
I ordered one, but it was 4-6 weeks delivery time. I´ll post images as soon as I have had the chance to put it to good use. But since we are covered in snow and ice for a couple of months, it may take some time. My reason for buying it is water reflections and colors. There are a couple of examples in Bryan´s review at the-digital-picture.com. I used a polarizer on my 16-35 and you do get uneven blue sky, but if you tweak the polarizing angle a bit, you can turn that from an image destroyer to a nice effect (at least sometimes).

Upvote 0
Halfrack said:
I snagged a used B+W CPL 95mm locally for cheap. The accessories at this filter size are crazy expensive - the Lee/Cokin filter ring is more expensive than the filter holder. Are you going to add square 100mm filters?
No, with this lens I'll probably handhold my Lee filters. The fixed hood makes everything else quite difficult.

Upvote 0

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
Eldar said:
What a relief ... I can choose from Heliopan´s at $458 and Zeiss´at $509 ... ::)

I have the Marumi mentioned in the review and it's quite good - way less than the zeiss.
Did not had a chance to use it in landscape shots yet, but I suspect will be no better than any other UWA lenses...
Got it for less than $200 - Marumi® super DHG P L D Super Multi-coated CPL)

Upvote 0