[POLL] I'm a 5D Mark II owner and...

I'm a 5D Mark II owner and...

• I'm definitely going to upgrade to 5D Mark III.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • I'm unsure what I'm going to do.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I'm keeping my 5D Mark II. I'll upgrade when Canon introduces a high-MP camera.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I have my eye on Nikon D800.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
I am keeping my 5D Mark II but would not buy a camera with higher Megapixel count than 21-22MP. The only thing I see on the new camera that excites me is the extended AEB to 7 brackets. Wish it was 9 brackets though. No excuse for Canon not to make it more. (IMO there is also no excuse for Canon to not have a firmware update for the 5DMark II that would allow more bracketing than the measly 3 brackets).
I am also interested in the in-camera HDR...on the 5DMarkIII...so I would like to find out what that is all about, but I am guessing I am much better off in post to process my HDR images. I will have more control.

....but there just are not enough features to make me want or need this 5DMark upgrade for the way that I shoot. I am going to spend that money on the new 24-70mm lens, and have $1000 left over for some traveling!!!

Upvote 0
K

khw118

To me Image quality is the only deciding factor (details, tonal range) and this confirmed 5D iii spec is simply not that tempting, especially after looking at the spec of Nikon D800E (it just SOUNDS like there will be more details and sharpness, needless to say bigger file size for cropping in should the bad bad photo editor / client want to,) I am in serious doubt whether I should go for the 5D iii or jump ship to the Nikon camp.

As for the disappointment that is 1Dx, just in what way is it better than the 5D iii to justify almost twice the price? I know it is bigger individual pixel size, but from the sample photos available so far, it is simply NOT impressive.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.